how long did it take before you could take the NREMT.

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
Just like the title says. How long after your class ended was it before you got to take the NREMT exam.

JD9940

Forum Probie
it took me about a week after the end of my class to take the NR, then 24 hours to get my results.

nwhitney

Forum Captain
I was able to register for the NREMT about a week after class ended. I got my NREMT results about 2 hours after I tested.

dstevens58

Forum Lieutenant
During the next to last week of class (two nights a week), the instructor and director came in to make sure that no one was having problems registering on the nremt.org website.

During the last week of class (final written test, practicals).

All that was explained was for you to pay your money for the test, wait for "Authorization to Test" letter and go in. I can't remember right now, but I believe I was taking the test approximately 10 days after getting the ATT go-ahead from NREMT.

EMT-IT753

Forum Lieutenant
For me, once I got cleared with the final check-off for skills and all hours completed, the instructor informed the NREMT. In the same hour I was able to pay for the EMT-P cognitive exam. The next day I received my ATT letter. 3 days after that I took the exam.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Registered for the NREMT 2 weeks before my EMT class ended. Took the test a week before my class ended. Received my NR certificate and my certificate of class completion at EMT graduation.

OP
OP
H

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
Well my class ended Saturday. We were told to go fill out everything for the NR, but it would be 4-6 weeks before we would be able to take it. So I'm guessing my instructor is a)dumb, b)retarded, c)doesn't know what he is doing, d)all of the above.

antt07

Forum Ride Along
I just took the NREMT for basic yesterday, which was just under two weeks after my class got out. I could have taken it last week but didn't. I took about 16 hours for my results. Woke up this morning and found out i passed!

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
I was able to take the test about a week or two after my class. However, I was working for my father's company for two weeks which was a full day of labor. I came home tired everyday so I had no energy to study.

Anyway, I had the greatest trouble trying to schedule the tests with a part time job that I get my schedule for every week and the few testing centers with little availability. But I was able to take the test in New York and come home to get my results on the website. It took me two tries, but I somehow got it.

There is also the 15 day waiting period in between, which was a great way to make sure that I spread out my studying so I could study a chapter or two every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
Three weeks, I finished class, sent in my paper work, I got cleared in a week and a half and then the earliest available was another week and half away. unfortunatly I did mines on friday afternoon so I didnt get my results until Monday... that weekend was torture! Dont do it on friday/weekend!

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Two weeks between the end of class and taking the test. I might have been able to do it sooner but moving from CO to MA took some time.

Do it as soon as possible if you ask me. You don't need to build in a week to "study," you just passed a written test at the end of your class that is about identical to the NREMT exam. I studied once for three tests taken in three weeks, seeing as they were all the same...

OP
OP
H

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
Two weeks between the end of class and taking the test. I might have been able to do it sooner but moving from CO to MA took some time.

Do it as soon as possible if you ask me. You don't need to build in a week to "study," you just passed a written test at the end of your class that is about identical to the NREMT exam. I studied once for three tests taken in three weeks, seeing as they were all the same...

Like I said, he told us it would be 4-6 weeks before we would find out if we were approved to take it.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Like I said, he told us it would be 4-6 weeks before we would find out if we were approved to take it.

I did in fact read the entire thread, and my commentary was directed at the forum at large. You in are a crappy situation though, no doubt.

afro

Forum Ride Along
Our instructor stood up all night freeing access to the students who had passed so they could take NR the next day. That was pretty cool of him.

Of course I procrastinated an extra day (hangover day... celebrations were a must. I freaking passed!) and had to take it on Friday.

Don't ever take it on Friday, unless it's like the first hours they're offering testing. I got to my test center on time about 2pm and was out before 3. I didn't get my results until Monday. Talk about agony.

Last edited by a moderator: