How far do you drive?

Ramis46

Forum Crew Member
Yuck Adamjh3 in the souther California area, 50 mils that could take forever... Thats why i moved from California!!!!

cynikalkat

Forum Lieutenant
commute

about 10 miles, so 20 minutes. Living on an island does have its advantages. My partner lives right off cape and it takes him about an hour, PLUS bridge traffic in the summer. *shudder*

Last edited by a moderator:

Commonsavage

Forum Crew Member
For me, any commute over 1 hour one-way requires a minimum 48 hour shift. Preferrably, modified Kelly of 48-on/96-off, after 40hrs/wk = time-and-a-half.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Yuck Adamjh3 in the souther California area, 50 mils that could take forever... Thats why i moved from California!!!!

Its actually not so bad as the majority of the games are weekends and at non rush hour times. It helps to be going from the 15 and 56 junction and heading north, though. Seems like there's hardly ever traffic north of the 78

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

46Young

Level 25 EMS Wizard
I work 24's, structured as W/O/W/O/W/O/O/O/O. It's a variation of a 24/48 that gives you three four day breaks a month, and also prevents 24 hour forced OT, since that would result in a 72 hour shift. I used to drive 78 miles in 1:20, and now I drive 49 miles in 45 min.

I try to do my 12 hour OT the morning of the first day of my four day break, maybe a 24 in between, or another 12 hours leading into my first day. When we work OT coming or going from a regular shift, we're on the clock the entire time, so being late to the following shift due to a late job is no problem.

Ramis46

Forum Crew Member
Its actually not so bad as the majority of the games are weekends and at non rush hour times. It helps to be going from the 15 and 56 junction and heading north, though. Seems like there's hardly ever traffic north of the 78

Yeah my mom lives in Chino so the 60, 10, 710, 15, all kinda encircle here.. and it sucks

MedicBender

Forum Captain
At my old job 45 miles/50 min depending on traffic for 8hr shifts. Sometimes it would take up to 1hr 15

At my current job 3 miles for 24hr shifts. It's awesome. Takes about 5 min.

jenk

Forum Ride Along
:)

I used to have to drive about 8 miles but just recently bought a house across the street!

I can run through the backyard, and it is wonderful!

I run about 200 hours a month so it works out pretty good.

Oculuck

Forum Crew Member
Our "Station 1" Is about ten miles down the road.. Station 2 is about 25 miles, and station 3 is about 40 miles away.

We rotate from station to station, all depending on which crew is on a call, or staging.

TLettuce

Forum Probie
First I was 50 miles from work.

We do 48 at station and a minimum of 24 hours on call ($3/hr unless called in.) each week.

Driving an hour to make $3 an hour didn't last long, I now live a block away from the station and absolutely love it.

*MX-EMT

Forum Crew Member
I go 45 miles each way for 10 an hour, no benifits, working 6 or 12 hour shifts for 1 year. Just now realizing between gas, time, and car expenses/wear and tare. It was definately not worth it.