Horror Stories

Harvey

Forum Lieutenant
Any funny stories or problems caused by becoming romantically involved with your partner or a fellow medic?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I used to get down with my roommate...needless to say she doesn't live in the house anymore...oops

not a partner but kinda similar, especially since we worked together as well.

OP
OP
H

Harvey

Forum Lieutenant
Thats pretty much my thought, this will most likely not end well. wonder if any people fell in love and got hitched and are happy. not likely :(

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Happens all the time.

My sister and brother in law worked together. They dated for 7 years and have been married for another 3.

My mom and dad had worked together when they met, still do at the family business, and have been married for 22 years.

Not exactly partners per say, but closely working.

phideux

Forum Captain
Happens all the time.

My sister and brother in law worked together. They dated for 7 years and have been married for another 3.

My mom and dad had worked together when they met, still do at the family business, and have been married for 22 years.

Not exactly partners per say, but closely working.

Your mom and dad worked together at the family business when they met, and then got married. How close of a family business was this? I think it's only legal in West Virgina, and some parts of Tennessee. :p:p:pB)B)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I was engaged to one of the people I partnered up with on a regular basis. Then she got switched to days. Luckily we split after I stopped working there, since it was a nasty breakup.

JJR512

Forum Deputy Chief
This had nothing to do with EMS like in the original question, but my wife and I met while working together. We worked at McDonald's, I was a shift manager and she was a new employee the general manager hired. I saw the way she looked at me, but filed that away because I knew managers and workers weren't allowed to date. We became friends and even dated other people during our friendship, but eventually, it became to hard to resist each other, and we started secretly dating each other. Her parents found out and decided they didn't like me and told my boss, but she was cool and decided to just schedule us for different shifts. That was in 1997 rolling over to '98, we got married in 2004, and we have two kids now. :)

EMS/LEO505

Forum Lieutenant
That was in 1997 rolling over to '98, we got married in 2004, and we have two kids now. :)

Depending on how old those kids are, you 2 got busy hella quick haha but good on ya man ;)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
I've seen destroyed marriages and the cuckolded half getting an STD thanks to their spouse's extramarital romps, so no, nothing funny in the slightest.

My boyfriend and I met about a year and a half ago working ALS first aid at an amusement park. We were friendly while working together for the 5 months or so but didn't start dating or even seeing each other outside of work until after the season ended. Now we live together - still going strong.

We only worked together once this past season, and only had one "call." Likely fracture of the hallux with almost the entire plantar surface avulsed. Yum. We handled it flawlessly though.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
True story from where I interned. A couple years before I was a student there was a crew sleeping together, and the husband of the female (can't remember if she was the EMT or Medic) found out. He tracked them down at a post one day and shot them both before returning home and killing himself. Their bodies were discovered after they didn't answer their radio, pages or phones and PD was sent out.

EMSrush

Forum Captain
True story from where I interned. A couple years before I was a student there was a crew sleeping together, and the husband of the female (can't remember if she was the EMT or Medic) found out. He tracked them down at a post one day and shot them both before returning home and killing himself. Their bodies were discovered after they didn't answer their radio, pages or phones and PD was sent out.

Seriously...??

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
True story from one of my former employers:

A crew was dating, and working together, and the night supervisor went looking for them on post, and found them waaaaay off the road, under some railroad trestles, in the most remote area of the post they were in. Truck completely dark. Nobody in the front seats. So he cut the headlights in the SUV, drove really slowly up to the truck until he was nose-to-bumper with the ambulance...

Then he slammed on all the lights and siren all at once and watched 'em scramble out of the truck- about a full minute later, at least!

The twins were born just 9 months after that. They lived happily ever after and are still married now.

AustinNative

Forum Crew Member
We only worked together once this past season, and only had one "call." Likely fracture of the hallux with almost the entire plantar surface avulsed. Yum. We handled it flawlessly though.

That's a call with a lot of sole!

Last edited by a moderator: