hollowen shift gone wrong

flemt92

Forum Probie
talk about a crazy shift, one of my wheels on the stretcher broke WHILE i had a patient on it. thank god it broke when we had her on the rig already. so when i got to the hospital we had to transger her to another stretcher they had. but thats not it folks lol, once we left her in the ER and got back on the rig, it wouldnt start :glare:. we called the road supervisor come to give us a jump. and so with that we ended our shift 30 mins early. what a night! lol. how was your hollowen shift?

phideux

Forum Captain
Slow and boring. 12hrs, 2 calls. 1 of which was total BS. person too drunk for jail.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Night shift, One chest pain call at 0530 this morning. And that was it. I slept like a rock. Happy Halloween!

Anjel

Forum Angel
Ahhh that hurt my head to read. Fast65 press the back button!

And my HALLOWEEN was busy and then came home to a house full of people my roomate invited over.

But at work it sounded dead on the ALS side of things.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Ahhh that hurt my head to read. Fast65 press the back button!

And my HALLOWEEN was busy and then came home to a house full of people my roomate invited over.

But at work it sounded dead on the ALS side of things.

What the hell, how did you know I was reading it Anjel? :p

Mine was awesome, I had a nice rib dinner, hung out with some friends, and then slept....if only I got paid for all that ;)

Anjel

Forum Angel
What the hell, how did you know I was reading it Anjel? :p

Mine was awesome, I had a nice rib dinner, hung out with some friends, and then slept....if only I got paid for all that ;)

Lmao anywhere there is bad spelling and punctuation you are sure to be found.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Got asked about 9 times if my patter and I were real EMTs. Ran three calls over ten hours. Posted by SDSU to find a surprising lack of costumed college girls.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

adamjh3

lol im sorry, i always sucked at spelling. im trying to improve on it trust me lol.

Hey, I understood all of it, which is more than I can usually say :rofl:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Got asked about 9 times if my patter and I were real EMTs. Ran three calls over ten hours. Posted by SDSU to find a surprising lack of costumed college girls.

We were asked that too. Once while we were in the ambulance. Posted down town and saw LOTS of awesome costumes. Spotted someone dressed as Waldo and called over the PA "Waldo! We found you!"

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

attnondeck

Forum Probie
Had a lady say her "lung pain" was a "spiertial attack" and satan has been out to get her for a while. Gotta love people

adamjh3

We were asked that too. Once while we were in the ambulance. Posted down town and saw LOTS of awesome costumes. Spotted someone dressed as Waldo and called over the PA "Waldo! We found you!"

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Happened in a seven eleven with the ambulance parked right up front where everyone could see. I said "Nope, I just set out to have the most expensive costume this year" and left

Flightorbust

Forum Lieutenant
I'm starting to think I'm a white cloud. ED shift, First pt came in by HEMS. Then really slow the rest of the night. I was told I missed the "good stuff" by a couple hours.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Yeh, I had people asking me if it was a costumer. I usually just said "yep", and asked patients "do you like my costume?" :) I had a pretty good Halloween shift, I had about an average amount of calls, but I do IFT, non-911.

hoss42141

Forum Crew Member
Lets see. Had a 5 year old female struck by a truck. They pulled her off the vent today. Had a 7 year old male code, unable to resuscitate. The night pretty well sucked. Other than that it was all PD and Fire the rest of the time.

Forrest

Forum Crew Member
Had not one, not two, but THREE DOA's...not a goodnight in Ashtabula OH. Two minor ems calls, and got to pass out candy to all the kids before at the volunteer fire dept. Not too bad i suppose ;)

Sent from my HTC using Tapatalk

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
dispatched to a grass fire, it was actually a small camp style fire in a back yard.

second call was an accidental od on pain medication..

all before 2100 :rolleyes: