Hired!

Kale

Forum Probie
Hi all,

After about 10 months of getting turned away at every door I knocked on, I finally got a call from an ambulance company that had wait listed me after an interview I did with them about 4 months ago. They offered me full time. I had already begun the process of moving back to my home state of CA to look for work (while the job offer was in AZ), but I flew back the next day, went in and did my physical and my drug test. They told me that if my driving record, background check, drug test and physical were all clear, I'd start in late July.

I'm extremely excited! I've been trying to even get part time or reserve for months so I can start building experience and making some money. :)

The job is with Southwest Ambulance (Rural/Metro) in Mesa, AZ - does anyone have any experience with them? I mainly ask because I am also interviewing for a dispatch position with PHX Fire (I made it through four rounds of vetting, so I'm at least hopeful) and if I get it I would like to try and do both - even if it means doing one of them PT. Does anyone know if SW is generally pretty good about helping you get the schedule you want? I was told by my HR rep that they absolutely don't work around other company's schedules, which I understand, but if I were to bid on generally unattractive schedules (I assume late night/early morning) and then do my dispatch training during normal business hours, could this be possible?

Whether it works out or not, I'm just excited to be employed!! Thanks for your advice and insight. :)

AmeriMedic21

Forum Crew Member
congratulations!!!! i know how excited you feel! i also just got hired at a county ems agency and just finished up my second week. I am loving it, and i know you will too!