Hi From Ne South Dakota

NESDMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
Hi, just introducing myself. i have been in EMS for 18 years . 10 years as an EMT-B , 8 years as an EMT-I and just as of late december i passed my EMT-P test and am a paramedic. I have been with the local ambulance for my entire time.

EMT19053

Forum Crew Member
welcome to EMTLife, lots of good info here.:rolleyes:)

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Hello. Congratulations on passing your test and becoming a paramedic. I'm sure your experience will make you much appreciated here.

OP
OP
N

NESDMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
Hi EMT19053, i guess we are kind of neighbors being both from South Dakota looking forward to being a member of this site. Thanks for the welcome

OP
OP
N

NESDMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
Hi LucidResq , Thanks for the congrats., I am on a small rural service, but we do cover a rather large area, approximatly 250 square miles with fairly long transport of up to 45 miles to the nearest hospital. Being a new medic, i guess you could call me a "para-pup", I am excited and looking forward to using my newly aquired skills and hopefully making a difference in someones life.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
Hi LucidResq , Thanks for the congrats., I am on a small rural service, but we do cover a rather large area, approximatly 250 square miles with fairly long transport of up to 45 miles to the nearest hospital. Being a new medic, i guess you could call me a "para-pup", I am excited and looking forward to using my newly aquired skills and hopefully making a difference in someones life.

I know what it's like being in a small rural service and miles (km's),
from the nearest hospital.
Congrats on the quals! Nice to meet you!

Cheers Enjoynz

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Welcome to the tribe! My dad was from S.D. are you anywhere near Watertown S.D.?? :)

OP
OP
N

NESDMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
Hi and thanks, Yes I am only 25 miles south of Watertown , SD from a little town called Lake Norden.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Very Very Cool!! Lots of "Byer" folks around those parts!^_^

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
I took care of a young girl a couple of years back, she got so sick that her mom flew out to be with her. As her mom and I got to talking about families and such, I said if I ever had kids I would like to live in South Dakota. The mom then told me that is where she way from and to make this story short, she was from the same town as my many relations are from,( I know your Aunt Margret! we go to mass everyday together!) Needless to say when I went back that summer I got to her about "Oh you took care of so en so's girl! You are right IT IS a really small world! ^_^

OP
OP
N

NESDMEDIC

Forum Crew Member
What town near Watertown was your dad from? I have lived in the same area all my life, i guess I like the rural enviroment. I so have a brother in San Diego and would like to go visit him someday, just haven't took the time to do it yet. I can't imagine what life would be like in a big city, it would be exciting to be in EMS I am sure. Souix Falls is the biggest city in South Dakota, which is small compared to what you are used to.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Born on the farm in a little town called Florance, after he retired, Dad moved to Chamberlain :) Arnold and Margret Byer live in Watertown!