HELP!!!!! NREMT RECERT Questions

DestinyNicole

Forum Ride Along
Hi Everyone! Thank you for adding me to this forum.... Before I post my question(S) PLEASE no hate or mean comments. Yes, I am sure this has already been asked 43489174981 times. I am going to add another notch to that! And yes, I do understand that all the information is "clearly" marked on NREMT website.... But TBH I have gotten a little lost in translation. And am just looking for insight from a real live human being with experience and knowledge of the subject..........OK, so here goes..

I am looking to Recert my NREMT (Basic) with hopes to apply for reciprocity in Fl. Because I am lapsed beyond 2 years, according to NREMT Reentry policy, I am required to complete a 24 hour refresher with Practical. Seems cut & dry.......NOT.. LOL because then I click to another page and it says I am required to have a total of 72 CEUs and another that says 48... So you might see how I've gotten a little lost and alot frustrated.

Again, I'm sure this has been addressed here more than once... So please give me a pass... I just need someone(s) with knowledge and experience on this subject, to explain clearly kinda step by step to me my options/requirements...In the meantime, I will scour this forum for related threads (as I have just joined)

So I can choose to Recert by exam (like challenging the test) or Recert via CEU?
Please explain simply how or what I should (or need) to do to regain NREMT certification....

Little background My initial EMT-B course was completed in Dec. 2009, my NREMT license I believe lapsed in 2013. I have recently renewed my BLS/CPR HCP. But have no further CE at the moment. I am willing to take whatever CEU I need, but if 72 hours is the magic # it would seem almost easier (at least more cost efficient) to just retake an entire program from scratch.

Thank you all again for your input and advice

MinnieToo

Forum Probie
Your best information will come from NREMT. Contact the site through the webpage and they can answer all your questions with the CORRECT information.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I'm not trying to be rude, but in this case, you're best off getting advice from the horse's mouth, and contacting them directly.

I wish you the best of luck, and I'm honestly interested in what the answer is, so PLEASE come back and post it once you get one!