Help Me Remember A Book Name

Gymratt

Forum Probie
I read a book a number of years ago that I can no longer remember the name of. I had loaned it out and it was never returned and the person has moved.

It was about a guy that worked in Boston I think but not for sure. He had worked with the governor and held a job with the state possibly with the state health department. He states in his book that he had always wondered where the ambulances that he observed from his office window was going and who they were going to help and why?

Eventually he goes to school and becomes a paramedic. He writes about calls, his partners and things both good and bad about EMS. He recalls running an obstacle course with his stretcher through wheel chairs at nursing homes. He talks about health system abuse and a idea he took to the governor to provide medics with tokens they could give out to patients just looking for a ride to the hospital that cabs could use for reimbursement.

If anyone knows the name of this book or author it would be greatly appreciated.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Peter Canning is the author. It's either Paramedic or Rescue 471 I believe. All his books are good.

EDIT: I think it's him. Take a look to make sure

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Gymratt

Gymratt

Forum Probie
Big thanks to both replies you guys nailed it on the head. Been wracking my brain trying to remember. Now to order a copy from amazon. They have new copies for just under 4 bucks if anyone is interested.

Once again thanks your reply is appreciated!!!!!