Help. I can't eat.

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
I usually have a massive appetite.

HOWEVER, today was vagabond day in the ER. After working intermediate clinicals, doing IVs on drunk, decomposing, gangeneous vagrants, I keep smelling that awful smell and I cant finish my second bite of food. I dont get sick at work and I can fight the carrion wars with the rest of them... but I cant eat now. What the hell am i supposed to do?

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Wait until tomorrow?

I have the exact opposite problem. I worked the rig today for the first time in... oh... a long time. I couldn't fit in my damn pants. The only food I have left in the freezer is my favorite brand of frozen pizza that I said I'd bake once I got the job I wanted. It's been sitting there for a while now.

I'd go to bed, wake up, and have a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. But that's probably why I can't fit in my pants. Don't take my advice.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
MMiz said:
Wait until tomorrow?

I have the exact opposite problem. I worked the rig today for the first time in... oh... a long time. I couldn't fit in my damn pants. The only food I have left in the freezer is my favorite brand of frozen pizza that I said I'd bake once I got the job I wanted. It's been sitting there for a while now.

I'd go to bed, wake up, and have a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch. But that's probably why I can't fit in my pants. Don't take my advice.

I had this problem a couple years ago. This is why I lost a bunch of weight since then, not because I wanted to be healthy, not because I wanted to be more attractive but simply because I couldn't stand tight fitting pants. I feel for you.

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
Swing by a White Castle. If you don't scarf down at least 4 cheeseburgers, then there's something wrong with you and I'd advise you to seek medical attention.

Or go by a Famous Daves and order some ribs. If you don't eat THOSE, then there's something REALLY wrong with you. or you're a vegetarian. In which case I'd definitely seek medical attention. :)

Maybe you're just catching a cold?

SwissEMT

Forum Lieutenant
The Remedy:

Call a dozen friends and have a BBQ in your back yard:p

Nothing like a good grill and good friends to keep your mind off of work and at the same time get some good food. I recommend doing Kebab with Chicken, Red Bell Peppers, onion, and Green Peppers

OP
OP
pfmedic

pfmedic

Forum Lieutenant
You all are funny.

Luckily, a few hot showers with a fresh bar of irish spring and some vicks vapor rub in my nose with a q-tip did the trick... and its a good thing too...

...because I had another 8 hr. hospital shift today and it was full of more GI bleeds... and I ate a foot long subway sandwich on break. Yum. :D

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine
dude, you're not supposed to shove the Vics vap-o-rub up your nose. :p

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
Hey, if it helps him eat, let him rub Vicks anywhere he wants!! :)

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
At least he's eating!!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Firechic said:
Hey, if it helps him eat, let him rub Vicks anywhere he wants!! :)

There's a call I wouldn't want to go on....

"911, what's your emergency"

"Um, yeah. I have this burning sensation in my (insert orifice here)."

"You have what where?"

"I put some Vick's Vapor Rub in my (orifice) to get rid of the smell and now it burns."

"We're sending you an ambulance."

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
LOLOL.

My grandmother believed that vics should be inserted into the nasal passage. She was old school like that. When she'd get out the vics we would run. It burned... but seemed to help.