Help finding EMT-I class

lampnyter

Forum Captain
Are there any EMT-Is from CT that can tell me where they took their I-85/99 class? I tried googling it but i couldn't find anything. Thanks!

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
I can try to email a few CT instructors i know and find out if they know of any, but emt-Is are quite rare in ct, so finding a class could be hard , Good luck finding a course, ill let you know if i come up with anything

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
Im in the northeast part of CT, all we have is EMR, EMT-B, and EMT-P, no intermediates, what part of CT are you from?

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
Ok if i am correct thats closer to new york, and my understanding, and please correct me if i am wrong, is that paramedics are almost non existent there. The only issue i see is that many Ambulance services in CT operate BLS and Anyone certified as an intermediate would by law have to be on an ALS truck to perform all their skills. Im not familiar with your area, so im going to go by your previous statement that theirs seem to be quite a few intermediates in your area and assume that many of the companies there are ALS.

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
Wow thats a lot different than here, In my area most trucks are basic/basic except for AMR and AASI which are two private companies in the area, we have medic intercepts.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Remind me that if I get hurt in CT, make sure it's the southern portion of the state.

wyoskibum

Forum Captain
let me correct you.... ;

Ok if i am correct thats closer to new york, and my understanding, and please correct me if i am wrong, is that paramedics are almost non existent there. The only issue i see is that many Ambulance services in CT operate BLS and Anyone certified as an intermediate would by law have to be on an ALS truck to perform all their skills. Im not familiar with your area, so im going to go by your previous statement that theirs seem to be quite a few intermediates in your area and assume that many of the companies there are ALS.

Actually there are quite a few Paramedic in Southwest Region. Most of the larger communities have Medic/Basic or Medic/AEMT. Even the smaller communites that depend upon AEMT and volunteer EMT-B will have a fly car Medic to call on if needed.:rolleyes: