Hello, everyone

Pseudonymous

Forum Crew Member
Hello everyone,

Just figured I'd introduce myself. I'm 15, I started my EMT-B class back in September, and I have my mid-term coming up in a few weeks. I've been browsing this site since before I even started my classes, and it gave me some really good insight on what to expect in class, as well as on the street.

During my visits to the forum, I've noticed a few people who don't take to kindly to people as young as I am, but I hope to make some friends here anyway. ^_^

Although I am brilliant at book work and tests, that all goes out the window if I can't nail the practicals, so any advice on things such as time management during testing stations would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to my time here on the forum. ^_^

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hello everyone,

Just figured I'd introduce myself. I'm 15, I started my EMT-B class back in September, and I have my mid-term coming up in a few weeks. I've been browsing this site since before I even started my classes, and it gave me some really good insight on what to expect in class, as well as on the street.

Welcome. I'm glad to hear (um, read) that the site helped prepare you for your class.

During my visits to the forum, I've noticed a few people who don't take to kindly to people as young as I am, but I hope to make some friends here anyway. ^_^

Don't take it personally. It happens in almost every job/industry. EMS is just another one where the older you get the more experience you'll have, the better off your patients and coworkers will be.

Although I am brilliant at book work and tests, that all goes out the window if I can't nail the practicals, so any advice on things such as time management during testing stations would be greatly appreciated.

Learn the acronyms. Learn the routine. Learn the flow.

I look forward to my time here on the forum. ^_^

Again, welcome. B)

MrBrown

Forum Deputy Chief
Watch out for that Brown guy who rolls round in an orange jumpsuit with "DOCTOR" written on the back :D .....

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Watch out for that Brown guy who rolls round in an orange jumpsuit with "DOCTOR" written on the back :D .....

Yeah, I heard about that guy, I heard he is required to keep some sort of "sign" in his yard that keeps the kids away :p

Anyways, welcome and try not to take it too personally that some people don't like younger guys. Just focus on what you need to do and keep pushing to your goal. Remember, STUDY, STUDY, STUDY because a great BLS provider is what makes a great ALS provider (if that's the route you want to take).

C.T.E.M.R.

Forum Lieutenant
welcome, Great on being young. I am also very young, but you'll get a hang of everything.