kjc1019

Forum Ride Along
Does anyone know any websites that offer free Hazmat First Responder Operations certifications?

I just got hired pending completion of this course and certification, but I really don't want to spend $80 on a website like safetyunlimited just to get this cert.
If anyone could offer any help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

LanceCorpsman

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know any websites that offer free Hazmat First Responder Operations certifications?

I just got hired pending completion of this course and certification, but I really don't want to spend $80 on a website like safetyunlimited just to get this cert.
If anyone could offer any help, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I don't think you can get HAZMAT Ops for free online. You can only get Hazmat Awareness. You kind of have to pay.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Ops tends to be an in person class. Call your local vfds or fire academies and ask them.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

redundantbassist

Nefarious Dude
I don't believe this class is offered online- when I took my Hazmat ops (which was about 5 years ago) i recall a pretty decent skills portion and subsequent skills testing. Nevertheless, check with whatever place in your area that offers fire training. In my county, Hazmat FRO and many other courses are free to all public safety personnel associated with a recognized agency.