Has anyone ever heard of Rural Metro?/orange County

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
I interviewed with them 2 years ago, with randy as well.. i didnt get the job though i was quite nervous since it was my first interview..

essentially the interview is a standard interview.. Tell me about your self? why do you want to work here? what do you want to do in the future? etc..

randy is quite a laid back guy so it makes it easier..

youll also be doing a lift test at the interview (pretty easy, just lift a 100lb barbell from the chair to the table.) and also a step stool kinda thing to measure your heart rate.. again easy..

Pacific/Bowers is always hiring since they have a somewhat of a high turn overrate due to it being IFT (people going to 911 or Medic school) also they have a ton of contracts all over oc and la counties..

but id say from talking to other people its one of the better IFT companies out there

firecoins

IFT Puppet

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
I interviewed with them 2 years ago, with randy as well.. i didnt get the job though i was quite nervous since it was my first interview..

essentially the interview is a standard interview.. Tell me about your self? why do you want to work here? what do you want to do in the future? etc..

randy is quite a laid back guy so it makes it easier..

you'll also be doing a lift test at the interview (pretty easy, just lift a 100lb barbell from the chair to the table.) and also a step stool kinda thing to measure your heart rate.. again easy..

Pacific/Bowers is always hiring since they have a somewhat of a high turn overrate due to it being IFT (people going to 911 or Medic school) also they have a ton of contracts all over oc and la counties..

but id say from talking to other people its one of the better IFT companies out there

911 contract for Vernon. CCT calls. ALS calls. Most of the major hospital contracts such as kaiser. Back up for Compton fire due to Americare not being able to keep its promise. Care seems to be concerned about Metro owning bowers. Contracts are up for bid in 2 to 4 years. Rural metro provides fire and ambo service to San Diego and county. Took over most the nor cal amr territory. stay away from those Russian/Armenian company's. Medlifes one of them. Dirty and shady. You cant go wrong with one of the nations largest. Have heard no complaints.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Where is R/M fire service in SD county?

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Where is R/M fire service in SD county?

Rural/Metro San Diego serves a number of constituents throughout the county, including:

City of San Diego
County Service Area (CSA) 17, which encompasses Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe, 4S Ranch
Kaiser Healthcare
SHARP Healthcare
Palomar/Pomerado Healthcare
Hundreds of special events throughout the county, including: San Diego Chargers, San Diego Padres/Petco Park, Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, ComiCon, San Diego County Fair, SDSU football and basketball, USD football, December Nights and many more.

JPINFV

Gadfly
Rural/Metro San Diego serves a number of constituents throughout the county, including:

City of San Diego
County Service Area (CSA) 17, which encompasses Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, Rancho Santa Fe, 4S Ranch
Kaiser Healthcare
SHARP Healthcare
Palomar/Pomerado Healthcare
Hundreds of special events throughout the county, including: San Diego Chargers, San Diego Padres/Petco Park, Rock 'n' Roll Marathon, ComiCon, San Diego County Fair, SDSU football and basketball, USD football, December Nights and many more.

...which are all ambulance/medical services. You mentioned fire as well. To the best of my knowledge, R/M does not offer any fire services out here. They definitely do not offer fire suppression services to the City of San Diego.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
...which are all ambulance/medical services. You mentioned fire as well. To the best of my knowledge, R/M does not offer any fire services out here. They definitely do not offer fire suppression services to the City of San Diego.
Thought they did. I was just reading off what others put.

Chan

Forum Crew Member
Going in today to sign my offer sheet with Pacific.

Interesting note though, when I posted I was offered a job on Monday, I got a call from the Glendale area shortly after (Like 15 minutes afterwards). I was at lunch so I didn't answer, I'm assuming it was Medlife. I also got a PM on here around the same time from a new member asking if I got my DOT. I'm assuming there's a Medlife admin on this forum. Their username I won't reveal. But to Medlife, thank you for the opportunity, I just chose to go a different route. As you say, its just business. I have to suck up a $182 DOT permit that I won't ever use (Here's to writing off work related expenses).

So lesson learned, keep everything private when you're on the search for a job.

Last edited by a moderator:

jgmedic

Fire Truck Driver

The city is in dire financial straits, I'm surprised R/M hasn't been all over that. A city the size of SD would be huge for a private fire protection company. I would love to work in SD, but the pay is nowhere near commensurate with the standard of living.

Monkey

Forum Lieutenant
It's in the contract they signed with the City of SD, they cannot bid or offer on Fire services when the won the 911 medical contract back in the 90's.

The city is in dire financial straits, I'm surprised R/M hasn't been all over that. A city the size of SD would be huge for a private fire protection company. I would love to work in SD, but the pay is nowhere near commensurate with the standard of living.