Has anyone ever heard of Rural Metro?/orange County

Metfan

Forum Probie
Saw a posting for this company. Has anyone ever heard of them? And are they a good company to work for?

Hunter

Forum Asst. Chief
I have a professor who used to work for them years back when they did 911 calls, he's a great professor but that's about all I can tell you.

Chan

Forum Crew Member
Parent company of Pacific/Bowers. So that means Pacific is hiring.

Danno

Forum Lieutenant
Also heard through the grapevine Bowers is hiring. Applied earlier today. Unfortunately the site says no phone calls will be taken regarding apps, so it feels kinda pointless to apply.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Rural/Metro is one of the largest ambulance companies in the nation...

Chan

Forum Crew Member
Pacific is indeed hiring. I went into their office today and dropped off my resume, he didn't ask me to fill out an application but he said Randy would call me.

LifesaverEms1

Forum Probie
Rural Metro is the second largest ambulance provider in the united states behind AMR they are also the largest Fire Department in the united states check their website out ruralmetro.com they cover alot of Arizona for fire protection they also operate southwest ambulance and PMT ambulance in Arizona and if your ever in San Diego and see those Red ambulances that say San Diego Medical Enterprises on them look closely you'll see Rural Metro Corporation they are the paramedic provider for the city so they offer the entire package fire and EMS

JPINFV

Gadfly
Are we talking about Orange County, CA, or the imposture in Florida?

LifesaverEms1

Forum Probie
Orange County Ca Rural Metro recently bought a long time LA ambulance service Bowers Ambulance and bought Pacific Ambulance which was based in Orange County ca

JPINFV

Gadfly
Orange County Ca Rural Metro recently bought a long time LA ambulance service Bowers Ambulance and bought Pacific Ambulance which was based in Orange County ca

Until the name changes I wouldn't consider them R/M. Just like Care isn't Falck and Doctors isn't AMR, even though they are now the respective parent companies.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Until the name changes I wouldn't consider them R/M. Just like Care isn't Falck and Doctors isn't AMR, even though they are now the respective parent companies.

That is what AMR has pretty much been doing. It keeps the name of the service so that not alot has to be changed. A company hopefully has built up a good rep in that area so it keeps it friendly I guess lol. You still have the same relationship with other public service agencies.

The biggest reason is probably because it saves money of not having to repaint the ambulances...

Sam Muller

Forum Ride Along
From what I've heard, Rural/Metro seems like a good company. I believe their headquarters is in Scottsdale, AZ. I guess I'll have to learn more about them since thats where I'm moving to haha.

JPINFV

Gadfly
That is what AMR has pretty much been doing. It keeps the name of the service so that not alot has to be changed. A company hopefully has built up a good rep in that area so it keeps it friendly I guess lol. You still have the same relationship with other public service agencies.

The biggest reason is probably because it saves money of not having to repaint the ambulances...

...and that's the thing. As long as management doesn't change much then it's still the original company. Until people start saying to avoid Doctors/AMR, is it really fair to lump Doctors in with AMR?

Chan

Forum Crew Member
Yes because your subsidiaries reflects the whole company itself. Should ESPN be called Disney?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Not until Goofy starts hosting Sportscenter.

Chan

Forum Crew Member
Well Goofy would be a better commentator than Gruden, because we all know that he's a football player.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Yes because your subsidiaries reflects the whole company itself. Should ESPN be called Disney?

The thing with AMR is that it is vastly different in itself. If the subsidiaries operate the way they have been before they were bought out then no they should not be grouped together.

Different counties of AMR operate totally different. Heck even different divisions within the same county operate completely different. I can go from one division that will literally write people up for leaving their helmet in their ambulance for the night even tho they will get that ambulance the next morning, to a division that hardly ever writes people up for anything.

Chan

Forum Crew Member
Lets say a subsidiary goes and screws something up real bad. Should the parent company take blame for it or just the subsidiary? Parent company has to take responsibility for everything their subsidiary does. Its just like parenting lol. Kid screw up, don't blame the kid, blame the parents....for the most part.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Sometimes you can't blame the parents so you just have to blame the child.