Happy NDWSE'S Everyone!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Two quotes come to mind when reading this thread:

"There is no devil, only God when he drinks." - Thomas Waite (?)

"The belief in a supernatural force of Evil is not necessary...Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness." - (?)

VinBin

Forum Captain
thats weird, there seem to be a lot of people here who dont believe or arent too engaged in a certain religion. Ive grown away from religion or god in any sense, you guys think it has something to do with EMS?

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
I dont think so VinBin

There are some pretty devoted Christian EMS people out there, and I know Rid is a deep Christian.

But I think in this day and age that when your patients may be wiccan while youe jewish (or whatever combination you see fit) I think most people choose not to get religious altogether because religion in general is a touchy subject.

And plus with chaotic work schedule EMS has its almst impossible to go to church on a regular basis and stay cuaght up on sleep.

Again Im not deeply religious, been there done that bought the t-shirt moved on with my life.

I dunno, good question though VinBin.

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by CaptainPanic@Dec 6 2005, 08:06 PM

Also, I try to respect everyone's religious beliefs Christian or not. Ive met several wonderful people that are deeply Christian, and others that were just as good that werent Christian.

As for Santa being Satan, I got a kick out of that! :lol:

I think everyone here must be on PMS this week, just seems like we are all wound up about something. I say we all go out to Murry's Grill and Bar and have a drink.

-CP
I agree with respecting each others religious beliefs, unless their religious beliefs dont respect those of others- happens way too often.

As for Murry's, what side of Indy is that on?

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by Celtictigeress@Dec 6 2005, 08:18 PM

..but for years I was convinced me mum was Satan..
Not possible tigress...there is only one Satan and she is my mom.

No. Really. She will suck you in and make you believe she is all "good and light" and just when she has you weak, she will do a 180 and prove she is Satan.

Back to topic...

I think WHKR was making a point about how far away from what Christmas is all about this world has become. People are too sensitive. Everyone wants to sue everyone and holler religion in the process.

Religion my a$$. Just lighten up. If I want to put a great big blow up Santa on the roof of my trailor why should that offend you. Your Star Of David in your window doesn't bother me.

But on the other hand...and blow up anything on a trailor should be outlawed!!

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Dec 7 2005, 09:35 AM

I think WHKR was making a point about how far away from what Christmas is all about this world has become. People are too sensitive. Everyone wants to sue everyone and holler religion in the process.

No I wasn't.

I was driving humorous sarcasim about calling the holidays a "Non Denominational Winter Season Event".

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
heh

we have a guy that lives next to my aunt, he puts those blow up decors up every year like ten... he has one for the carolina panthers, a sant, a snowman, a reindeer, he has a sleigh a tree and the one with the snowman that is blowing snow in the globe...either way hes frequently been asked to take the down most times they overlap the yard *cocks pellet gun*and every year we fix the problem.

Yeah anything blow up is just wrong though....ill find the pic, a neighbor of mine took blowup sheep....stuck em to the roof pulling a sleigh with a masturbating mannequin... does that count as "wrong beyond belief"?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by hfdff422@Dec 6 2005, 11:14 PM
I agree with respecting each others religious beliefs, unless their religious beliefs dont respect those of others- happens way too often.
I second the motion.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Dec 7 2005, 11:46 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Dec 7 2005, 11:46 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hfdff422@Dec 6 2005, 11:14 PM
I second the motion. [/b][/quote]
I third it.

And speaking of topics that piss people off and start problems, did you see the New Orleans community claiming that FEMA and the National Guard delayed help because most of the people there were black?

The community actually held a press conference stating that.

I was speechless (and that doesn't happen very often.)

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by Wingnut@Dec 7 2005, 01:02 PM

And speaking of topics that piss people off and start problems, did you see the New Orleans community claiming that FEMA and the National Guard delayed help because most of the people there were black?

The community actually held a press conference stating that.

I was speechless (and that doesn't happen very often.)
That would be silly, we would make the jews mad if we did something like that!
I am only kidding- this time I really am kidding 100%

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
They went before the CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE looking into and claimed it. There was one women before the committe that claimed the government "bombed the levees" and intentionally flooded 4 neighborhoods because they were poor black people living there.

hfdff422

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@Dec 7 2005, 01:07 PM
They went before the CONGRESSIONAL COMMITTEE looking into and claimed it. There was one women before the committe that claimed the government "bombed the levees" and intentionally flooded 4 neighborhoods because they were poor black people living there.
When I have time, I will go into what an insurance adjuster friend of mine said he saw in the months he has been down there and what I feel about it. Lets just say for now that you have to help yourselves to get anywhere. This is not at all racial, the laziness there knows no boundaries. I digress for now.

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
It is amazing how quickly something can turn racial....

I have never once been one to be racist..okay I AM predjudiced... But before I get "Boo'd and the like" Im predjudiced against ignorance and stupidity...

Despite myself being a minority I dont blame anyone for the past..last I checked our generations have nothing to do with it.... I recall one time some Lady at walmart jumped down my throat with "What my people did to hers"

Alright I hate crowds I hate idiots... I tried to ignore her she kept on it was a long line 3,000 at walmart 1 register open.... anywho I turned around and told her not to bring "my" people into it proceeded to explain how MY people were slaughtered... then proceeded to explain if she couldnt get over it to read a history book and realize HER people sold each other to the Europeans...and when she went to have that stick up her a** removed let me know and id send flowers... I thusly paid for my things and walked out without another word

since then all shopping is done ONLINE except food stuffs....

I have to find it but at one time I had the "response" to those statements sent to my inbox.... Its going to take some digging.. I dont know whats worse how a disaster can be turned into a racial dispute, or how people can take advantage of a disasterous event.... Humanity really needs to step back and chek themselves

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Christ... All I did was say Happy wtf ever anyone celebrates...

Can't ya just read it and says oh goody.. or read it.. and not post anything.

:rolleyes:

See if yall get a happy new year or a happy easter.. Nope. Someone will probably report me to PETA for supporting a holiday in which a rabbit has to hop all around the world with out a ten minute break every two hours. :angry:

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by VinBin@Dec 6 2005, 10:14 PM
thats weird, there seem to be a lot of people here who dont believe or arent too engaged in a certain religion. Ive grown away from religion or god in any sense, you guys think it has something to do with EMS?
Nope, myself and a lot of the providers around here are deeply religious, then again, I live on Long Island which has a large Irish Catholic, Italian Catholic, and Russian Jew population.

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Dec 7 2005, 06:56 PM

See if yall get a happy new year or a happy easter.. Nope. Someone will probably report me to PETA for supporting a holiday in which a rabbit has to hop all around the world with out a ten minute break every two hours. :angry:
You're such a drama queen. ;)

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Dec 7 2005, 07:56 PM

:p

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Dec 7 2005, 06:56 PM
Someone will probably report me to PETA for supporting a holiday in which a rabbit has to hop all around the world with out a ten minute break every two hours. :angry:
LMAO...Speaking of PETA...How about those poor reindeer who are tied up and beat with a whip to fly around the world. And wheres the ACLU to rally for the elves...oh excuse me...vertically challenged northern americans who are forced into slavery and required to be jolly and eat cookies and drink hot cocoa all year.

Lets not forget the NRA. Because you should darn sure be able to shoot those little reindeer, except of course for the one with the little red nose after all that has to be a disability and you wouldn't want the ADA after you.

Strike3

Forum Crew Member
Christ...

Before you all jump down my ****ing throat, find out why I made the comment. Inside joke or not, the state I live in, SC, will not let Christmas be put on anything. It's Merry Holidays, or whatever you will.

The Christmas pagent is now the Holiday Pagent.

I'm tired of this PC crap. That's all. It's just old.

TTLWHKR....Thanks for the support. You're obviously bent on not letting anyone have their own opinion without even asking why. Good one. :rolleyes: