Happy Memorial Day Weekend!

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I'd like to wish everyone a happy, fun, and safe Memorial Day weekend!

Anyone have any plans?

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Happy Memorial Day to you too Matt (and everyone else of course!)

Today I have my shift at the Ambulance Corps, then my cousin's engagement party in the Hamptons.

Sunday I am heading back to the Hamptons to a lil place called The Boardy Barn.

Monday is the usual - I had to choose between parading with the FD or the Ambulance Corps - I chose the Corps since Memorial day is "their" parade (the FD's parade is 4th of July) and we're taking department pics before the parade. Afterwards, we have a BBQ and softball game against Commack Fire Department. More like an expo of us getting our butts kicked, but oh well....

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
I am working here in the ER....gearing up for the "official kick off of trauma season"

We get pretty busy from this weekend through Labor day...then it slows down for a couple of weeks..

Then the snow birds arrive, and they bring an entirely different kind of health troubles....

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by EMTPrincess@May 28 2005, 08:17 AM
I am working here in the ER....gearing up for the "official kick off of trauma season"

We get pretty busy from this weekend through Labor day...then it slows down for a couple of weeks..

Then the snow birds arrive, and they bring an entirely different kind of health troubles....
I'm working all weekend, but we're gearing up for the same thing with the plethera of ORV parks in our area.

Of course, the county commissioners finally banned alcohol at the ORV parks so that should cut down on our problems.....Yeah, right!

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Recreational Trauma Season!

I'll be piecing together my wilderness whacker gear today. Anticipating all of the stupid flatlanders hiking on slippery rocks and waterfalls in running shoes on the national forest trails.

Then I'll buy stock in duct tape, ace wraps and SAM splints.

ECC

Forum Captain
Thank God I do not have to buy my stuff!

Pike National Forrest is open to Motorized Vehicles...more opportunities to serve fellow members of humanity :rolleyes: ...I am also thanking God I am not assigned to the primary medic that is first due there either.

Yard work today...see I am busy as you read this!

I amy grill somehting on Monday...see what my buddies from my Engine are doing. But there is nothing really special planned.

ma2va92

Forum Lieutenant
AHH LONG WEEKEND .. wife and kids have taken a few day of vac.... I'll listen out for the pager .. me 3 dogs 1 cat 4 miniature horses .. one ready to foal.. and 11 chicken and 1 rooster.... maybe I'll be helping the mare foal.. that would be GREAT:):):)....

I'll kick back watch the races this weekend... with some luck .. no one will wreak in the area.....

we have had 3 death's in the area on the road so far in the past week.. with 2 still in ICU.. nore sure if there going to make it.....

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
logo4.gif

The flag is a nice touch...

WOO HOO! 650

emtbuff

Forum Captain
Happy memorial day weekend to you all also. :)

Plans for me are destruction of one of our rooms in the house which will eventually have a music room.

I am on call off and on through out the weekend. Had lawn mower races which was really worth pulling the rig out for. But they can't race until the rigs present. Other than that grilling out enjoying the mild temp. and the sun. B)

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
Well, my big plans already happened. Just got home from my sister's graduation. She just got her B.S. in Child Development from the University of La Verne. Its been a long time coming for her...she dropped out of college her first semester back after H.S., then went and worked for several years, then back for a nursing certificate, and now the degree. So we're all really proud of her and it was great to see her walk across the stage today to get her degree.

We'll all be going out to dinner tonight, of course, but no other major plans for the weekend.

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
It's cold and raining here. And it's supposed to do the same damn thing on Monday.

Of course, that won't affect my plans. I usually visit the World War II Museum, and then come home and look at my family war scrap book.

BUT STILL.

OP
OP
MMiz

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Chris,

Tell her I said congrats, I've always had great respect for people that went back for a degree!

This weekend I'm working on Sunday and celebrating my birthday :) Besides that, not much.

It sounds like everyone is gearing up for a big weekend of EMS. Best of luck to everyone, and be sure to come back here and share your stories!

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
Sunday I am heading back to the Hamptons to a lil place called The Boardy Barn.

Oh my God!! I can't believe the Boardy Barn is still around!!! :p
I went there when I was in college - a long, long time ago!! :blink:

ECC

Forum Captain
I am willing to bet I was there first... ;)

Firechic

Forum Lieutenant
Same birth month.....but yes, you got me by 2 years!! ;)

rescuecpt

The Boardy Barn was fun... a lil too much fun, but I don't think I need to 'splain. :D

ECC

Forum Captain
Oh, you got some 'splainin to do! :eek:

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Okie...Lucie...You start 'splainin....

So for us out of the loop...is this Boardy Barn place like a bar in a barn or sumptin?

rescuecpt

The Boardy Barn is a bar/club/experience in the Hamptons. There's a big outdoor area w/a bar, then a tent w/music, then a big "barn" with a couple more bars and a dancefloor and the usual. They're only open certain days for 4 hours. On Sunday they were open for 8 hrs for Memorial Day Weekend, from 12-8. We got there at 945 and got IN around 245. Mad crazy people, prolly close to a thousand.

Beers are $1. Which is good, cuz you end up wearing a lot of them. :) Just have to find someone to lick off any spilled beer. LOL. Drink, dance, drink, flirt, drink, drink...drink some more. :) Then most people go out afterwards.

ECC

Forum Captain
Lookin trough the pictures...I do not see you in any of them! :angry: :(