HALL AMBULANCE

Medic209

Forum Ride Along
Csfm FF 1,2 Con space rescue tech, Conspace rescue awarness, Hazmat Fro, Hazmat Decon, Driver operator 1a, 1b, Ics 100,200,300,400 , 700-704, 800, Fire Investigator 1a, Ib,river and flood water rescue, boat operator,calfire 179hr cert,Fire management 1, Fire prevention1, Rescue systems 1, Low angle rescue operations. AS fire science, working on BS in emergency management. (ADL,ME card, Clean driving record, Class C with FF endorsement)

Last edited:

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Csfm FF 1,2 Con space rescue tech,Hazmat Fro, Hazmat Decon, Driver operator 1a, 1b, Ics 100,200,300,400 , 700-704, 800, Fire Investigator 1a, Ib,river and flood water rescue, boat operator,calfire 179hr cert,Fire management 1, Fire prevention1,AS fire science, working on BS in emergency management.
Rural Metro took over Burbank Airport for fire and they are looking for guys with alot of fire education. Check them out.

Medic209

Forum Ride Along
Rural Metro took over Burbank Airport for fire and they are looking for guys with alot of fire education. Check them out.
I have a pretty good full-time fire job atm with a local fd, 20min drive. Thanks for the heads up though. (I'm 3hrs north of bakersfield)

Mufasa556

Forum Captain
That's unbeleivable. A dramatic turn of events. I can't believe they were able to wrangle that.

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
Hey medic209 where are you from? Im assuming in the 209 region? LoL Im about that far up north from Bako as well.

As for the 26k starting comment, is this true? That seems low considering 29k is already fairly low.

Also, do they hire Part time, Full time? How does that work?

Thanks for any replies.

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
Ok *******, I have read through this thread from top to bottom. I don't live in the area and am hesitant on making the move and considering leaving a 30hr ER Tech job to a 29k EMS gig so I am trying to get all the info I possibly can.

gonefishing

Forum Deputy Chief
Thanks for clearing that up. I noticed a few of you cleared that up but I thought I read he was offered a job and they offered him 26k. That's where I was a little confused so I was just making sure.
If you want a career in ems Hall is the place.

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
If you want a career in ems Hall is the place.

That's what I hear A LOT!!! Im just worried about the pay vs cost of living. Cost of living is about that same as where I live now, but pay is significantly different. Just hoping I can match what I make a year now around 55k-60k, or at least fairly close

Jondoe5150

Forum Probie
Im not worried about starting, I figured it will suck in the beginning, I just mean at some point, I would hope to bring in that much. From what a few ppl have commented, they make it sound easy to make good money with all the overtime available.

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Ya ot is always there, we have almost 400 employees. So people are always taking days off. Just fyi. I work a shift maybe 2 a pay period and have always made 40k as an emt.