Hall Air

VentMonkey

Family Guy
As eluded to in another thread, Hall Air Ambulance will cease to exist as of July 1st. They started their program in December of 2001 and served Kern County, CA for over 20 years.

Their current partner/ vendor (Air Methods) will be taking over the Bakersfield base with plans on retaining all med crew members wishing and willing to transfer.

I've worked at our CCT program for 7 years myself, 6 of which were flying at my current base. Prior to that I was a ground paramedic and was hired in the Spring of 2009 at Hall. It's somewhat bittersweet as the company overall has been good to my Family and I. I gained a lot of valuable experience at Hall, and while I'm certainly looking forward to this new journey, I'll miss my time here.

I worked for Hall when Harvey Hall was still very much alive and well. Good, bad, or indifferent opinions on the man, he was an old skool business man who really did stand by what he said. A top notch boss who put his money where his mouth was every chance he got.

While I can't say our program was ever perfect either, it really set me up for success, as did the company in general. Hall will be keeping its ground CCT program, so I'd like to add one last note:

Any new California paramedics, or paramedics-to-be who read this post and want a good jump on EMS, it's still a great company to start with. Stay safe all.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Since you will be in the same area, hopefully you will still be very involved and interact a lot with your EMS family at Halls. Hopefully you will enjoy the new company. New adventures and new fun. :]

OP
OP
VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Since you will be in the same area, hopefully you will still be very involved and interact a lot with your EMS family at Hall. Hopefully you will enjoy the new company. New adventures and new fun. :]
Fixed it for you;). Ya we’ll still see many of the same folks.

Most of the people I’ve known (trained) have filtered out through the years. I have a close family friend who’s a supe there, but I hardly know anyone anymore, nor have I for some time.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Do you guys get annoyed with people saying "Halls" in the same way that firefighters grimace when I say "truck" instead of "engine"? 😆

Last edited:
OP
OP
VentMonkey

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Dp you guys get annoyed with people saying "Halls" in the same way that firefighters grimace when I say "truck" instead of "engine"? 😆
For anyone who’s been around long enough, a little. There used to be a certain sense of loyalty here. Can’t speak much to it now.

But hey, it’s better than being accused of being a fake paramedic😁

ghost02

CA Flight Paramedic
It is bittersweet, but there is a lot to be said for being a part of the big company for a change. One of the few times the grass is greener. Much better program than others but that’s all I’m going to say on that.