Had a suspended license with three points...

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
It's the suspension that's hurting you, not the points. In my experience most companies can not insure you if you have had your license suspended within the last 3 years. Three years after the suspension ended you should be good to go.

Depending on the company. If you are employed at my company and have 3 or more points on your driving record at any given time then you will be laid off. So they are not going to hire someone with 3 points on their record.

kevin1988

Forum Probie
Depending on the company. If you are employed at my company and have 3 or more points on your driving record at any given time then you will be laid off. So they are not going to hire someone with 3 points on their record.

Yes, but he should only have one point from the red light ticket as the speeding ticket from 2003 will have already dropped off his record. In his case it's the suspension that's hurting him, not the point count.

mpc83

Forum Probie
Thanks Kevin! I've had to slow myself down alot the past couple of years (getting rid of the mercedes helped!) but since I've started my emt thing i've taken it really seriously. Is getting somewhere 1 minute faster worth the hassle of not being able to get a job or better yet losing it? meh to each his own but i'll take the slower(ish) road...

Sasha

Forum Chief
I say "Grow up". You can't dismiss your own irresponsibility by saying "the rules are jacked, man!". I got so tired of hearing that from inmates that it doesn't play anymore.
Brown, I hear you.

PS In the interest of fairness, I have to divulge that I used to rack up a speeder about every eighteen months over six years. My accident (airbags etc) cured me of that, pretty much.

Who said the rules are jacked?

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

jon51

Forum Crew Member
The California Deparment of motor vehicles has a point system. 1 point for speading, running stop signs and red lights and basic moving violations. you get 2 points for reckless driving and more serious things.

You need to go to the DMV. They will not always pull off the points from your H-6 printout just because the 7 years is up. When you get there pay the 6 bucks or so for an H-6 and then when you see it tell the dmv employee that a certain violation should no longer be reported on your H-6 and they will give you a phone number to the DMV offices in Sacramento where you can get the ball rolling on taking the older violations off of your h-6 printout. I did this a year ago when a ticket from 2002 was still showing up as a point on my record.

Once you get down to 2 points or less you will be better off getting a job.