Got The Job!!!!!!!

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
It looks like I am going to be working for Fairfax County, VA as a Public Safety Communicator!!!

I took my test yesterday and I aced it... Then had my interview, that went perfect. Now I am on the next steps, waiting for my letter with my polygraph test date... :)

I can't wait to start!!!

Just thought I would let ya'll know!

DT4EMS

Kip Teitsort, Founder
It looks like I am going to be working for Fairfax County, VA as a Public Safety Communicator!!!

I took my test yesterday and I aced it... Then had my interview, that went perfect. Now I am on the next steps, waiting for my letter with my polygraph test date... :)

I can't wait to start!!!

Good Luck!! I always had the utmost respect for good communicators. It is a tough job!!

Celtictigeress

Forum Captain
Good Luck Keep us posted!!!!!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Do they have psych tests there? Remember those who fail make great dispatchers. :D

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
Congrats. And welcome to The Great Commonwealth.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
that is awsome! so how do like the weather there? :beerchug:

fm_emt

Useless without caffeine

I'd hug you, but you're in Virgina. So instead, I will drink down a nice cold beer in your honor.

Like i need an excuse to drink beer. ;-)

Congrats!!

jeepmedic

Forum Captain
I'd hug you, but you're in Virgina. So instead, I will drink down a nice cold beer in your honor.

Like i need an excuse to drink beer. ;-)

Congrats!!

Any excuse is better than no excuse. :beerchug:

OP
OP
C

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
I am laughing my butt off at all of you - u guys are crazy... LOL

Hey, at least I have some interesting stories to tell u guys once I start, eh? LOL

Well, the one day I was in DC it was raining... so that's my first experience there... Lots of traffic, and rain. I don't go back for a few weeks, I think to finish the hiring process... but I will let you know how it goes.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Forget the beer, how about a martini!B)

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Congrats, and good luck... as much as people b*tch and moan about dispatchers... they have an often difficult job to do, and often take heat from 2 or 3 sides (crew, public, and management) when someone ELSE makes an error (like to tell you that the patient wasn't just in pain, they were in pain because they were SHOT:rolleyes:).

Jon

OP
OP
C

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Congrats, and good luck... as much as people b*tch and moan about dispatchers... they have an often difficult job to do, and often take heat from 2 or 3 sides (crew, public, and management) when someone ELSE makes an error (like to tell you that the patient wasn't just in pain, they were in pain because they were SHOT:rolleyes:).

Jon

Hey Jon.... thanks!! :) I think being an emt, i can bring alot to the job... since i know what questions to ask... maybe get more of the dispatches correct...

I know it all depends on the caller... it always does. You are really playing telephone. The call comes in, tells the person what's wrong...the person puts it in the system and relays it to dispatch and then they have to figure out what the call was and relay it to the right agency...

I will keep you all in my thoughts though, when I partake in this new journey of EMS... :)

slawson

Forum Crew Member
congrats...

I can't wait to start!!!

i have been doing communications for over a year now and it is the most rewarding job i have (to date).... one moment you'll get a stabbing call or a MVA with 10 people entrapped and then the next call you take you will get a barking dog complaint. It's a roller coaster. Although we are frequently overlooked, telecommunicators are always the first responders. We take the calls that set the tone for the rest of the call.

Just my .02! Maybe I'm a little biased since I do that night in, night out.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Girlfriend, I think dispatchers are awsome!!!!!:)

OP
OP
C

CotWoman

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys - I am not coming back to this site... I am tired of reading all the negativity here and debates.

I am already going through enough in my personal life, and don't need to see it here too.

For those of you who want to keep in contact with me... Email me... This is my last post.

tamilsavage@yahoo.com

Take care -

God Bless all of you who work your a$$ off everyday.

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief