Got stopped by some EMS guy wanting to inspect my Rig

ITBITB13

Forum Lieutenant
Want to take a guess which LACo department EMS falls under? I bet you won't need many guesses too...

Do people seriously not know which agency their license is issued from?
My thoughts exactly..

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
I am new, but know that nobody on these forums advertise who they work for. IFT company Los Angeles
If you're afraid to say who you work for, you might want to reconsider who you work for.

I understand not wanting to cross your bosses, and wanting to separate your opinion from your employers, but you should be proud to work where you do.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
If you're afraid to say who you work for, you might want to reconsider who you work for.

I understand not wanting to cross your bosses, and wanting to separate your opinion from your employers, but you should be proud to work where you do.
Absolutely not true everywhere. Some services actually have quite restrictive social media policies with severe penalties for violating them if you're found out.

NPO

Forum Deputy Chief
Absolutely not true everywhere. Some services actually have quite restrictive social media policies with severe penalties for violating them if you're found out.
I understand your company being angry over slander or libellous statements, and in this thread, I do understand withholding the OPs employer, I meant more in a generalized setting.

The OP made it seem like not saying who you work for is the rule.

If an employer doesnt let you even talk about where you work on social media, I'd have a problem with that too. However, social media is not the place to complain about your work either.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show

100% disagree. If your agency is perfect, and never does anything you disagree with, and you want to advertise where you work, sure.

But if you were to ever say anything potentially negative, or potentially controversial, or something that your employer wouldn't agree with, than I would absolutely keep your employer private, esp if you don't want it printed out and then you get called into the bosses office to explain why you wrote it.

Which is why I very very rarely give my name or employer online, esp in a public forum

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Meh. I love my place of employment and it's not difficult to figure out where it is with enough trying. I'm still happy to provide negative commentary, but I'll never say anything here I wouldn't say to the chief in a meeting either.

I understand that some shadier places may not be run by people that are accepting of criticism, however.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Meh. I love my place of employment and it's not difficult to figure out where it is with enough trying. I'm still happy to provide negative commentary, but I'll never say anything here I wouldn't say to the chief in a meeting either.

I understand that some shadier places may not be run by people that are accepting of criticism, however.

Calling the baby ugly in a one on one with the chief is significantly different than making a public post criticizing the department.

I never had any issue with telling my boss what I thought, but I would never do it in a public forum.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Calling the baby ugly in a one on one with the chief is significantly different than making a public post criticizing the department.

I never had any issue with telling my boss what I thought, but I would never do it in a public forum.
I strive not to publicly post non-constructive criticism nor will I post something that casts the agency in a wholly negative light. I like where I work and I don't see any need to make any sort of blanket statements about how terrible we are, because we aren't. But I do have a problem with the way somethings are done, and I'll make it a topic of discussion if I think some outside ideas are appropriate. I think its a positive sign when an agency can own its issues and look for help outside its self (obviously that happens on many more levels than just an online forum).

read2go

Forum Ride Along
And when they go through your truck do they go through it!
They (dhs, dot) in the past had a big problem with the Russian/Armenian mob basically starting these transport companys and one for example was busted for trafficking ecstasy. The owner is now a puppet master and somebody else runs it for him.
That is fascinating. Someone very clever must have thought up that mode of transport for smuggling.