Giving your phone number out on scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTjunky

Forum Ride Along
Hello,
So I was wondering the best way to give your phone number out on scene. I responded to a non-stat medical and there was a cute granddaughter on scene and we were chatting it up for a while but I still wanted to keep the professionalism in front of the family but I wanted to give her my number. Any suggestions on how to be "sly" on this technique?

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
When you're on a call and the person is related to the patient, you don't.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas

JPINFV

Gadfly
original.png

[ibtl.jpg]

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I second JP's recommendation...

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I agree with what everyone else said. Don't do it.

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
First post, stupid question...

3of0xw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Are you on break right now JP?

The first years start Monday down here.

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
The OP drives a boat at a slow speed while towing multiple fishing lines behind him?

I don't think you technically have to have multiple fishing lines. As long as you are at slow speed, you should be technically trolling...especially if you are using a "trolling" motor.

The intricacies really aren't worth discussing though...

JPINFV

Gadfly
Are you on break right now JP?

The first years start Monday down here.

Break between 3rd and 4th year? Hahahaha... Bwahahaha.

Actually, I'm on a pain management rotation, which might as well be a vacation. Preround at 7am, round at 8am with a really laid back preceptor, clinic from 8am to 4pm is scheduled, but I normally have at least an hour for lunch, if not 90 minutes, and I've gotten out twice this past week at 2pm (all of the patients get called first thing in the morning and told to show up as early as they can). No call. No weekends. July 4th AND 5th off.

The only thing that's painful is if we don't have a resident in clinic because having 3 people seeing patients (the preceptor, the resident, and me) creates enough space between patients where I can do my dictations between patients instead of having them pile up to do at the end.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Instead of giving your number out.
Say something like,
"I lost my phone number, can I borrow yours"
And get theirs.

I'm kidding.

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Break between 3rd and 4th year? Hahahaha... Bwahahaha.

Actually, I'm on a pain management rotation, which might as well be a vacation. Preround at 7am, round at 8am with a really laid back preceptor, clinic from 8am to 4pm is scheduled, but I normally have at least an hour for lunch, if not 90 minutes, and I've gotten out twice this past week at 2pm (all of the patients get called first thing in the morning and told to show up as early as they can). No call. No weekends. July 4th AND 5th off.

The only thing that's painful is if we don't have a resident in clinic because having 3 people seeing patients (the preceptor, the resident, and me) creates enough space between patients where I can do my dictations between patients instead of having them pile up to do at the end.

I don't know how you're managing... Sounds horrible! :rofl:

Just finished biostats (final is on monday) and start anatomy and epi in mid August. This is probably the longest break I'll have for a while.

Luckily I don't have to think too hard about what I'll be doing, the wife is due August 8th.

At any rate I'm pretty jealous. Can't wait to be in your shoes in a few years...I'm hoping to have my interview and find out if I've been accepted by September 1st. I'm applying early decision, so we'll see how it goes...

JPINFV

Gadfly
At any rate I'm pretty jealous. Can't wait to be in your shoes in a few years...I'm hoping to have my interview and find out if I've been accepted by September 1st. I'm applying early decision, so we'll see how it goes...

Good luck!

JPINFV

Gadfly
You guys are boring and lame.

I blame the funky smell coming out of the resident lounge.

Edit... also...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.