Ghetto Medic Dot Com

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Nov 29 2005, 06:11 AM
Ghetto Medic Dot Com

I found this in my email.
A smaller verision message board mainly is what it is. Kind of cross mix between here & TWD.

OP
OP
TTLWHKR

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by emtff99+Nov 29 2005, 07:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (emtff99 @ Nov 29 2005, 07:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Nov 29 2005, 06:11 AM
Ghetto Medic Dot Com

A smaller verision message board mainly is what it is. Kind of cross mix between here & TWD. [/b][/quote]
I know... I was just advertising it.

I do have more than ten posts...

and wth is a TWD?

emtff99

Forum Lieutenant
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Nov 29 2005, 10:56 AM
I know... I was just advertising it.

I do have more than ten posts...

and wth is a TWD?
My fault,,wasnt quite awake when I posted that. (ya know,,not enough coffee yet type thing :eek: )
TWD is short for The Watchdesk which is a forum for Firefighters & so forth. Depending on where you go in there & what you say, you could get your proverbial nose bit off to spite your face.

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member

I am guessing it is advertising within an email someone sent you? Hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc? Not a spam email?

I ask because it is my site and I am not trying to advertise it with spam to your mailbox.

Actually, I hadn’t wanted to advertise the site here at all. MMitz seems pretty right on in the PM's we have sent back and forth and he runs a good site. If he reads this and wants to delete all reference to the site you mentioned (Mine) please do so seriously.

TWD is short for The Watchdesk which is a forum for Firefighters & so forth.

I had never been to that site until I followed your link. All I got was the front page and that was it with some java errors. For the record, I am a medic, not a firefighter.

Depending on where you go in there & what you say, you could get your proverbial nose bit off to spite your face.

Sounds like fdny rant....

That was actually the catalyst for creating the site. The one in my signature is where I work. It is definitely not user friendly for most people not with the city and even some that are. It wasn’t by design, just the user base involved.

The site that is mentioned in the original post was and is meant to be for medics. EMS, Fire and PD medics. Third service, privates, etc. Not specific to any one place or country. Defiantly not meant to be a site where medics and EMT's feel like a third world citizen. If anything a firefighter only should feel that way.

Sorry for the long story but I wanted to make clear that what you mentioned shouldn’t be the case there and if it is let me know and it will be taken care of.

Thanks,
Mike

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Wow.

I'll have to look at it tonight at the squad... sounds like it is a good board.

Jon

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Hey,

First let me say that I check out DFDEMS' site regularly. It's a good site, and you can really see all that's going on in Detroit EMS. Compared to them we have it good up here in the burbs. We get some of our best EMTs and Medics from Detroit. I'm sure private EMS is the joke down there. They're having a tough time down there. Leadership isn't exactly... good?

As far as spamming the boards go, I'm not sure they spammed the boards. As I post every so often in the EMTLife.com LiveJournal Community, I say "I don't care if you join our community or another online forum, there are a lot of good ones out there, just be active and do your best to represent EMS".

:)

DFDEMS

Forum Crew Member
TTLWHKR-

Are you saying that you got an email out of the blue with just that in it?

I ask because I don’t pay for that kind of advertising. If you do a search on certain terms with Google, yahoo, msn, etc an ad shows.

If you use hotmail, yahoo, gmail or a couple of other free emails an ad might show in the email someone sent you alongside their message to you.

If you visit different sites related to the keywords I have chosen then an ad might show on their page

In any event you should not get an email or spam from the site, ever. If you did get it that way please let me know what type of email you are using (google, hotmail, etc) as they relate to different advertisers and I honestly don’t want my site advertised that way.

emtff99-

I got your PM, thanks. I didn’t take it as a hit on my site. If anything it is true for the one where I work about

Depending on where you go in there & what you say, you could get your proverbial nose bit off to spite your face.

MMiz-

I got your email and thanks. I just want to reiterate (my big word for the day) that it wasn't my intention to spam your board or anyone’s email. That’s why I am so curious about the email TTLWHKR got. If I can track it down to the advertiser I will stop using them.

It's a good site, and you can really see all that's going on in Detroit EMS.

Thank you, unfortunately here is a quick overview of it...complaints, our mayor sucks and can you believe our supervisors.

I'm sure private EMS is the joke down there.

Actually, I worked harder at a private most days than with Detroit. If it were not for privates within the city call volume would double with runs to a nursing home, etc. Most privates actually run 911 outside of the city and do nursing home, ER take homes, etc within the city. They respond to 911 occasionally when there are no units available within Detroit (happens a lot..)

As much as some of my coworkers hate the "privates" I am not one of them. I started there and I am sure I will end up there again.

Having written my dissertation for the day I am going to go back to doing drywall in my attic..