Galveston County, TX EMT/Paramedics salaries???

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Wonderful state. I love Washington. Only reason I am staying is because my wife does not want to move yet. But unless I get a job with Skagit, Cascade, Whidbey, or maybe Prosser I am leaving. (Though I will test for fire departments but my heart is with an EMS only system)

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
Most services in this area pay decently well. I bought a house and have nice things, date nights, etc on a medics salary. It's no rural Kentucky.

COtoWestAfricaMEDIC

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Old School GEMS working on Bolivar Peninsula back in 2009.
167637_1785005220551_4820003_n.jpg

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

COtoWestAfricaMEDIC

They did indeed, Its now run by PEMS (peninsula EMS), check them out for part time work, I know a few medics there that will hook you up. I loved it, as you were dual medic during the day and at night you were all by your self. The crappy part was if you were transporting and you missed the ferry to UTMB, you had to wait 40 mins in the middle of the night, but if you were lucky and caught the call and were transporting they would hold it for us.

Last edited:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
They did indeed, Its now run by PEMS (peninsula EMS), check them out for part time work, I know a few medics there that will hook you up. I loved it, as you were dual medic during the day and at night you were all by your self. The crappy part was if you were transporting and you missed the ferry to UTMB, you had to wait 40 mins in the middle of the night, but if you were lucky and caught the call and were transporting they would hold it for us.
I'll check it out. I live on the island so it wouldn't be too bad for prn. Getting a hold of someone there can ve hard it seems though

COtoWestAfricaMEDIC

Let me shoot a facebook message to by buddy and see what their staffing is looking like. I will say I know you via a friend. He actually used to work a GEMS back even before me in the mid 90's or so. When you get out to GEMS, you will hear story's about Ed Sr, he a legend out there. I still keep in touch with about 4 guys via facebook that still work there. PM me some time soon and I will let you know whats up.