Forum Post State Specific

STIMMY

Forum Ride Along
Is it possible to get a state specific Forum available and have post set up for specific County/City areas... I would like the opportunity to chat with folks locally in state and close to home...

Thanks!

SafetyPro2

Forum Safety Officer
I think it's probably possible (Matt would have to answer for sure), but at this point in the board's life, I'm not sure how useful it would be. We only have 95 members at the moment (which is great given where we were a couple months ago), but not all of them are active, so I don't know how much traffic state-specific forums would get. Good idea to keep in mind for the future though.

In the meantime, you can always post a "Any EMTs from ???" post.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
STIMMY

I've thought about implementing your idea. I'm just not sure, with only 95 members, if state-specific forums is the best idea. Others can chime in though, I'm all up for suggestions and discussion.

I really do like discussion and suggestions. It may take me a few reminders to get an issue taken care of, but I really do try to make the forum as useful as possible.

Lets see what other members think.

PArescueEMT

Forum Bartender
I don't think state specific threads are necessary. The regulars, are from a wide range and still manage to get along pretty well.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by PArescueEMT@Feb 5 2005, 02:42 AM
I don't think state specific threads are necessary. The regulars, are from a wide range and still manage to get along pretty well.
:rolleyes: except me and you....

jon

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
I am just as happy chatting with all of you wherever you may be living. I like hearing about systems etc. from other areas rather than from the same state as me.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I think the idea of a list of states is a bad one. All those empty areas will make the site look like no one comes here, which is bad for our membership. My vote is no.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Chimpie@Feb 6 2005, 01:39 AM
I think the idea of a list of states is a bad one. All those empty areas will make the site look like no one comes here, which is bad for our membership. My vote is no.
plus, it would segregate us and make us into too many little cliques

Jon

coloradoemt

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Feb 6 2005, 11:49 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Feb 6 2005, 11:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chimpie@Feb 6 2005, 01:39 AM
plus, it would segregate us and make us into too many little cliques

Jon [/b][/quote]
Good point... I have enough of those down at my station now!!! :blink: