Food Recipes - healthy, and a couple not so healthy

OP
OP
T

That_Guy

Forum Crew Member
Arteries, veins, any and all blood vessels. No big surprise it is a top seller at fairs around here along with fried oreos, fried twinkies, funnel cakes, and fried just about anything else.

How about a deep fried bigmac?

Take 2/3rd pound of beef, make it into patties, (I've NEVER ate this... But apparently was told by a man who had to have been 500+lbs of fat it's delicious...:rolleyes: ) bread it like a country fried steak, only with some peparika in it too. Then deep fry it until fully cooked.

Next, take a hamburger bun, and a bottom of one. toast them in a toaster, and than put them into the fryer.

After than, let the buns "cool down" and put mayonaise, olive oil, and garlic on the top and bottom buns, and on both sides of the middle bun. add your two beef patties. lettace, tomato, onion, and thousand island dressing.

And then take French-Fries, cover them in butter. let the melted butter soak into the fries, roll them in salt, and deep fry them.

Enjoy.

Although your arteries are going to hate it, and you may end up with a stroke afterwords, or go into full cardiac arrest... :rolleyes:

EMT11KDL

Forum Asst. Chief
for everyone who likes spicy food :)

Its called TRASH

Hash browns
Italian sausage
Bell Peper
Jalapeno
Onion
Eggs
and whatever else your want to put into it.

Take all the ingredients but the eggs and put them into a skillet, after it starts cooking (about 5 mins) put the eggs in, and let everything cook!

JonTullos

Forum Captain
How about a deep fried bigmac?

Take 2/3rd pound of beef, make it into patties, (I've NEVER ate this... But apparently was told by a man who had to have been 500+lbs of fat it's delicious...:rolleyes: ) bread it like a country fried steak, only with some peparika in it too. Then deep fry it until fully cooked.

Next, take a hamburger bun, and a bottom of one. toast them in a toaster, and than put them into the fryer.

After than, let the buns "cool down" and put mayonaise, olive oil, and garlic on the top and bottom buns, and on both sides of the middle bun. add your two beef patties. lettace, tomato, onion, and thousand island dressing.

And then take French-Fries, cover them in butter. let the melted butter soak into the fries, roll them in salt, and deep fry them.

Enjoy.

Although your arteries are going to hate it, and you may end up with a stroke afterwords, or go into full cardiac arrest... :rolleyes:

:censored::censored::censored::censored:E! Sorry for that but wow... that's something you'd cook for someone to try and kill them. I'm having angina just thinking about it.

JonTullos

Forum Captain
One of my favorites, via the Food Network website. BTW, it calls for bone-in chicken but I normally use boneless skinless breasts.

Ingredients
1 1/3 cups rice-corn crispy cereal, (recommended: Crispex)
2 1/4 cups broken bagel chips or melba toast
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
4 bone-in, skinless chicken pieces (about 6 ounces each) See Cook's Note
Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set a rack on a foil lined baking sheet. Spray the rack generously with cooking spray.

Finely grind the cereal and toasts together in a food processor. Transfer crumbs to a large gallon size plastic bag. Add the oil, salt, cayenne, paprika, and ground pepper and toss to mix thoroughly. Whisk the light mayonnaise and Dijon mustard together in a medium shallow bowl. Add chicken to mayonnaise and turn to coat all the pieces evenly. Drop the chicken into the plastic bag, seal and shake until each piece is evenly coated. Place coated pieces on the prepared rack. Spray the chicken pieces evenly with cooking spray, and bake until the coating crisps and browns and an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the pieces registers 160 degrees F, 35 to 40 minutes.

Transfer to a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.

OP
OP
T

That_Guy

Forum Crew Member
:censored::censored::censored::censored:E! Sorry for that but wow... that's something you'd cook for someone to try and kill them. I'm having angina just thinking about it.

Only thing I left out, is you're supposed to melt a stick of butter, and mix your ground beef with it.

It's a burger they sell at a place called cutters? It's a type of restaurant in Central USA. can't remember full name of it. My uncle was just telling me about it.

Medic744

Forum Captain
With all the crap I ate during my pregnancy Im surprised my son didn't come out covered in batter. I was a big big big fan of my fry daddy. I did eat really healthy most of the time, but I wanted fried oreos and vanilla icecream alot

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Three words:

Monte Cristo Sandwich.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
Messy Fajita Tacos

2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 medium onion, sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 portobello mushroom caps, sliced
1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
1 small summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch rounds, then quartered
2 tsp. soy sauce
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. chipotle powder
8 crunchy taco shells or soft corn tortillas
1/2 cup diced tomato (for garnish)

Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds.

Add the mushrooms, bell pepper, and squash and sauté until just soft, about 5 minutes.

Add the soy sauce and toss (or stir) the vegetables.

Add the cumin, chili powder, and chipotle (add more chili and chipotle powder for spicier tacos), then cook for an additional minute.

Distribute the vegetables evenly among 8 warm taco shells or corn tortillas and garnish with diced tomatoes or other toppings.