First "Real" code save

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Witnessed arrest. Arrived on scene to find excellent CPR being done by BLS, 2 shocks on board. I delivered a 3rd shock, drilled an IO, Epi and ...Bazinga! ROSC.

Patient was awake and able to answer yes/no questions in the truck.

Went to the cath lab and a had a 90% occluded RCA. Now on the unit and doing well.

That's my first REAL code save. I'm really stoked.

DrankTheKoolaid

Forum Deputy Chief
re

Gratz!

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Awesome! Great job.

TatuICU

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats bud. Makes it worth it

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Oh, HAYLE yesss.!

DPM

Forum Captain
....swanning in here taking all the credit for the BLS guys ;)

It's nice to hear some good news, well done mate

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Yeah, without the bls guys it wouldn't have been a save. Those guys are awesome, and earlier today I wrote a letter to the chief expressing my appreciation for what they did.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Nice job!

dmc2007

Forum Captain
Yeah, without the bls guys it wouldn't have been a save. Those guys are awesome, and earlier today I wrote a letter to the chief expressing my appreciation for what they did.

Congrats...nice to see good work being done on both sides.

*MX-EMT

Forum Crew Member
3-codes

3 codes, all 3 were saves. first 2 was arriving on scene with fire and getting in on compressions and bagging...3rd one was my 65 y/o grandma's whit arrest. she was in a wheal chair visiting her friend who was in a con home. i saw her face drop. checked, no response to px/no pulse. got her down pointed to nurse to call 911 started compressions 1 round mouth to mouth. nurse brought me bvm and i borrowed the pt next to me unused 02. had compressions on gma approx 1 min into arrest and on 02 via bvm in 1 1/2 min. A lot diff when you whit arrest. calling it and starting compressions on a family member hoping your right. Pretty amazing fealing seeing her back at home with no memory loss at all. I tell her its my gift back to her for her paying my national registry
3x.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
Witnessed arrest. Arrived on scene to find excellent CPR being done by BLS, 2 shocks on board. I delivered a 3rd shock, drilled an IO, Epi and ...Bazinga! ROSC.

Patient was awake and able to answer yes/no questions in the truck.

Went to the cath lab and a had a 90% occluded RCA. Now on the unit and doing well.

That's my first REAL code save. I'm really stoked.

Good job,

Took me about 10 arrest to get a Save. And even that one I have to give most of the credit to the bystanders who found an AED and shocked him as I was walking up! GO bystander CPR and AED training!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Congratulations! That's awesome.