Fire Prevention Rap?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Ok.

Fire prevention week is just around the corner. Everyone is gearing up fire safety campaigns.

The City of Philadelphia is doing something Different.:

~From NBC10.comL

Rapper Fireman Sings For Safety

POSTED: 7:52 pm EDT October 5, 2005
UPDATED: 9:47 am EDT October 6, 2005

PHILADELPHIA -- The Philadelphia Fire Department is unleashing a rather unusual tool to help prevent fires.

They are releasing a special song -- a rap song with a message behind the music.

Philadelphia fireman Rodney Jean-Jacques is also a rapper and he and his fellow firefighters put together the rap DVD called "Take It Outside." The DVD urges people who smoke to do so outside their homes, just like they do outside an office building or where they work.

Last year in Philadelphia, there were 45 deaths in house fires. Just nine months into 2005, we have already reached that number.

Rest HERE - Clicky

There is a picture, and link to a video that dosen't seem to be up yet.

Really is something different.... don't know if it is good or bad though??? What do you think?

VinBin

Forum Captain
heh....I'm assuming their using the "rap" to appeal to younger kids who will be attracted to the aspect of the music itself. But I think their MAIN focus is to tell adults to smoke outside, and in that case, I'm not sure how a rap will convince an adult to change their ways.

Dunno, if anything, I guess the kids can convince their parents to go outside...

Getting the message directly to adults will have a bigger benefit...

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Kinda like Christian rap?? :p I really dont see Jesus bangin' or shnizzling his fashizzle, lol. Not meant to offend, but I think you get the idea....... :D B)

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by CaptainPanic@Oct 6 2005, 09:01 PM
Kinda like Christian rap?? :p I really dont see Jesus bangin' or shnizzling his fashizzle, lol. Not meant to offend, but I think you get the idea....... :D B)
I just don't get all this rap and izzle stuff...

What happened to Rod Stewart, Pat Benatar, AC/DC and Joan Jett?

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Oct 6 2005, 11:58 PM
they got stoned, died of OD's, and the misic was't always that great......

Well.... AC/DC is good...... they even keep current.... :lol:

Jon

TTLWHKR

Forum Deputy Chief
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon+Oct 7 2005, 06:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MedicStudentJon @ Oct 7 2005, 06:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TTLWHKR@Oct 6 2005, 11:58 PM
they got stoned, died of OD's, and the misic was't always that great......

Well.... AC/DC is good...... they even keep current.... :lol:

Jon [/b][/quote]
They aren't dead... I was speaking of their music. You're still a puppy, grew up in the 90's... Don't know what REAL music is.. The 80's ROCKED!

They aren't oldies yet.. Their music will be good a hundred years from now.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by TTLWHKR@Oct 7 2005, 01:24 PM
They aren't dead... I was speaking of their music. You're still a puppy, grew up in the 90's... Don't know what REAL music is.. The 80's ROCKED!

They aren't oldies yet.. Their music will be good a hundred years from now.
I was pulling your leg.

What is real fun is that Dee Snyder (Twisted Sister) had a evening radio show locally, he left about 6 months ago. He has a 2-hour show that plays Sunday evening locally called the "House of Hair" that celebrates 80's 'Hair' bands :D. Pretty cool to listen to.

Jon

Phridae

Forum Asst. Chief
Originally posted by CaptainPanic@Oct 6 2005, 09:01 PM
Thats great. I've never heard it put that way.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
That reminds me, last night we went out to shoot some pool and then came back to my place and watched the family guy movie (freaking hilarious btw). We went out with another couple (Both cops) and while talking, we all decided that Jesus is homeless and periodically ends up in jail, because that's where everyone "Finds Jesus" :lol:

I should inform the Vatican, I bet they'd love that. :lol:

ECC

Forum Captain
Music is like candy, in order to really enjoy it, you have to remove the rappers!

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Originally posted by ECC@Oct 9 2005, 09:53 PM
Music is like candy, in order to really enjoy it, you have to remove the rappers!
Now there's a fundamental truth for you.

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
Nicely said ECC.. I couldn't agree more.

CaptainPanic

Former EMT...
Originally posted by ECC@Oct 9 2005, 11:53 PM
Nicely said.

Oh yeah last night I was watching MTVs "Made" series and this little scrawny white kid from Minnesota decides to be a rapper. He got to meet Mr. Snoop Dogg and he told the kid - "Ya might not look like a rapper, but you can act like one" :rolleyes:

I can act like a rapper and just choose not to!

-CP

VinBin

Forum Captain
I was born too late to know, did MTV ever play music?
Or just a barrage of shows that tell teens that acting like an idiot=cool.

Luno

OG
Premium Member
Okay, I've got a fire (hehehe) prevention rap for y'all.

The Roof
The Roof
The Roof is on FIRE

We don't need no water let the M****R F****R BURN

BURN M****R F****R BURN!

Well, at least it helps cut down on the resources required.... hehehe Think chlorine in the gene pool.

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ECC@Oct 10 2005, 12:53 AM
ROFLMAO

OP
OP
Jon

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by Luno@Oct 10 2005, 01:12 PM
Okay, I've got a fire (hehehe) prevention rap for y'all.

The Roof
The Roof
The Roof is on FIRE

We don't need no water let the M****R F****R BURN

BURN M****R F****R BURN!

Well, at least it helps cut down on the resources required.... hehehe Think chlorine in the gene pool.
I belive these lyrics cost a few cops their jobs a little while back.... something about the "nusiciance" nightclub.....