Fender Bender

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
ok because as you probably read in the it was a fender bender with another car
there was a few dents on the car but only some paint on the Ambo

this is my first accident ever...

ill probably get written up but i hope i dont get fired, thats really my worst fear

With my insurance company anything under $750 will not result in insurance rates going up. While any accident that is driver fault is not good, would not result in me doing anything serious like firing someone. Now, if you were to have history of having "minor" accidents, yes you would be fire after couple of them.

OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
With my insurance company anything under $750 will not result in insurance rates going up. While any accident that is driver fault is not good, would not result in me doing anything serious like firing someone. Now, if you were to have history of having "minor" accidents, yes you would be fire after couple of them.

I see, well im pretty sure knowing that bodyshop estimates are ridiculously overpriced that itll probably be around $1000 in damages, like i said this is my first accident ever...
what im really worried about is the insurance rates will go up for me with this company and they will have to let me go because they will refuse to pay the extra premium...

i just hope that dosnt happen

i really appreciate your input looker

i just need to findout whats going on, but i wont be able to find out till monday :(((

and also will this incident show up on my Driving Record?

looker

Forum Asst. Chief
I see, well im pretty sure knowing that bodyshop estimates are ridiculously overpriced that itll probably be around $1000 in damages, like i said this is my first accident ever...
what im really worried about is the insurance rates will go up for me with this company and they will have to let me go because they will refuse to pay the extra premium...

i just hope that dosnt happen

i really appreciate your input looker

i just need to findout whats going on, but i wont be able to find out till monday :(((

and also will this incident show up on my Driving Record?

Generally no, it's my experience insurance company do not report such information to dmv. Under the law, you're only required to file if it's over $750. If another company runs background check on your driving history and not just uses h6 form, it might be found.

Fbarba123

Forum Lieutenant
I really only think that you will possibly get written up as well as a verbal warning. Your employer has insurance for far worse things, and if you show that you are a good employee with good intentions, that should be the end of that.

At my other job, Valet. Many of us have had incidents with scraping, dinging, breaking, and even crushed a car( We use hydraulic lifts to double space) None of us have gotten fired because we learned from our mistakes and made darn sure it wouldn't happen again.

OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
I really only think that you will possibly get written up as well as a verbal warning. Your employer has insurance for far worse things, and if you show that you are a good employee with good intentions, that should be the end of that.

At my other job, Valet. Many of us have had incidents with scraping, dinging, breaking, and even crushed a car( We use hydraulic lifts to double space) None of us have gotten fired because we learned from our mistakes and made darn sure it wouldn't happen again.

yeah ill deff have to show them i really love working at the company and that i am a 1000 percent committed, Fbarba i really appricate the assurance as these few days for me have been extremely stressful, my manger is coming back to town on monday so i will find out what is going on then

as soon as i find out i will let everyone know

hopefully ill still have my job at the end of the day

OP
OP
MusicMedic

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
So Update guys:

My boss called me in yesterday to talk and have a meeting today, i just got back from the meeting and they said since it was a preventable accident they have to let me go.

They are going to be a positive referance, and its not going to show up on my DMV record.

it really sucks though ive never been fired and i feel like this is going to hurt my chances at getting hired...

in other news i have an interview at Care Ambulance coming up soon i hope i can get hired on with them

nemedic

Forum Captain
That sucks, but you have to look at the following in a good light:

1. They said they'd be a good reference
2. The accident will not show up on DMV record.

Now I am not sure abou the way things work in Cali, but in MA, it seems that everyone only looks at DMV record, and one or two I've seen that look at credit score.
I am not experienced in driving ambos, but have received the recommendation from a few medics/ffs to acclimate myself to driving larger vehicles is to either find a friend with a large van, or (better and less potential issues) to rent a U-Haul (with all the insurance options just in case). Then start driving around in a large parking lot to get a feel for it. Then go on the street to learn to deal with traffic. Then learning to drive w/ L&S is relatively easy (just practice quick, unexpected stops/slowing down, as larger vehicles require more distance/time to come to a complete stop)

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
Certainly called that one wrong, didn't I?

You weren't fired, you were bounced. Soon you'll be somewhere else. As a safety net, if you can ID a company or area that doesn't have 50,000 medics begging to get in (which is what I think you were a VICTIM OF), then the odds are better you won't get squashed for something minor.

Hal9000

Forum Captain
You weren't fired, you were bounced. Soon you'll be somewhere else. As a safety net, if you can ID a company or area that doesn't have 50,000 medics begging to get in (which is what I think you were a VICTIM OF), then the odds are better you won't get squashed for something minor.

Checkmark on all of that. The reference is good, though.

Fbarba123

Forum Lieutenant
I'm really sorry about the incident. I think it's sucks that your getting let go, but as everyone has said, it's good that they are being good sports about it and VERY good it's not going on your record.

Let us know how your interview goes at care!

Be positive! Just a hurdle is all!