FDNY EMS Candidates

RobertJLeonard

Forum Ride Along
Hey guys sorry to continue on this subject but with the uniform we have to wear on orientation. The picture that they gave to us on admin processing day, shows a guy with his collar pins on, wearing his class A shoes. I just want to confirm that it's actually, no collar pins and work boots. Thanks.

Emt1981

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys sorry to continue on this subject but with the uniform we have to wear on orientation. The picture that they gave to us on admin processing day, shows a guy with his collar pins on, wearing his class A shoes. I just want to confirm that it's actually, no collar pins and work boots. Thanks.

Thats correct. No pins and work boots.

TheMedicLife

Forum Captain
Thanks man ! Okay so obviously we leave our uniform pants and shirts home right ? All extra pants and shirts ? Do they go in the red bag to fort totten ?

Red bag only PPE gear, helmet gloves. Academy uniform stays home, PT clothes stays in your locker along with a towel, sneakers, and a spare pair of white socks.

gotbeerz001

Forum Deputy Chief
My $0.02...
If you haven't even started and you're trying to figure out how to game the system with an excused absence, just don't show up.

It's four months of your life to set your career. Mess that up and you will be kicking yourself when you are stuck working in an office somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harlemkid89

Forum Crew Member
My $0.02...
If you haven't even started and you're trying to figure out how to game the system with an excused absence, just don't show up.

It's four months of your life to set your career. Mess that up and you will be kicking yourself when you are stuck working in an office somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I took care of it ! Lol ! True tho ! But i took care of it already !

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Anyone know the last number they called for the current class in the academy (or and estimate of where they stopped )