FDNY EMS Candidates

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Gotta keep our ears open for the next few weeks.

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
Was there a post on here about what type of physical training is done in the academy? Miles/Minutes Etc.? I could have sworn there was but I can't find it. If not, could someone in the academy now could let us know? Thank you!

emtjw32

Forum Probie
Grabbed a copy of The Chief and it says exam 6003 numbers were sent out feb 24 (still haven't received anything in the mail)...the article published the first 135 names and scores

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
I just got my list number for exam:6003 it's 33*

Hearing talk that classes are going to be big this year due to that private ambulance company going out of business.

Stavie670

Forum Lieutenant
Ok, so they go through one list at a time and then to the next one or do they do both at once. Please excuse me as I have no idea of how the process works.

Xerjak

Forum Crew Member
Ok, so they go through one list at a time and then to the next one or do they do both at once. Please excuse me as I have no idea of how the process works.
The process takes a long time, so they start processing candidates at the same time. So someone in the 700s on 5003 might be doing their psych for example while you're doing your Physical agility test. Most of the time from what I've seen it tages anywhere from 12 to 24 months from filing. I filed in September of 2014, and now playing the waiting game.

FireRed

Forum Ride Along
So what happens if your
I just got my list number for exam:6003 it's 33*

Hearing talk that classes are going to be big this year due to that private ambulance company going out of business.
oh awesome, when did you get the letter in the mail lol

FDHOPEFUL33

Forum Captain
Got close to 1,000 more people to get to off of 5003 before they touch 6003. If you're in the top 300 expect to be in January 2017. They are putting in bigger classes but you won't know until April comes and people start getting called how quick they're moving. Good luck

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
From what i heard. The next class will be around 180-200. They're preparing for people leaving for the promo.

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
From what i heard. The next class will be around 180-200. They're preparing for people leaving for the promo.

It's definitely at least 180. Class in now has about 3 weeks left. I think there is also a medic basic class going in (internal upgrade from emt to medic). Someone I know on 5003 who was in the 900's finished all his processing already. Just not sure how many were on the list total. I'm gonna guess he will get the call for the July class.

I haven't heard a thing about the promotional, but I'm also not asking too much since I'm way too old for it.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
It's definitely at least 180. Class in now has about 3 weeks left. I think there is also a medic basic class going in (internal upgrade from emt to medic). Someone I know on 5003 who was in the 900's finished all his processing already. Just not sure how many were on the list total. I'm gonna guess he will get the call for the July class.

I haven't heard a thing about the promotional, but I'm also not asking too much since I'm way too old for it.

I think I have a shot at April class. But I heard that filing for promo is August.

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
I know they said its 188 but is that 188 for morning and another 188 for night?
lol i wish. if its true for 188, then it`ll be 94 day 94 night

spaceferret

lvl: pumpkinslayer
Got my number! how quickly til I get hired? September 2017? About? And where is everyone else?

Last edited by a moderator: