FDNY EMS Candidates

Mikef19

Forum Lieutenant
Emt is gonna take a while, the list is pretty long. The length depends on your score.

As for the other. Were you formally charged and convicted? Misdemeanor or felony? Either way, once you start the process you have to disclose everything. No sense trying to lie, they will find out.

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
I was arrested, but not convicted, case got dismissed. It would have been a misdemeanor if I was convicted
Anything sealed, expunged doesn't have to be revealed during my background they said adding something that was dismissed/sealed would just open up a can of worms to explain when this isn't a peace officer position where that would have to be revealed l

MelEmtNyc

Forum Captain
Example on nypd cpd packet it asks if you've ever been arrested regardless of outcome. But fdny only wants to know if you've ever been "convicted" there was a bunch of ppl in my group that asked this specific question hope this helps[/QUOTE]

Tone0890

Forum Ride Along
Example on nypd cpd packet it asks if you've ever been arrested regardless of outcome. But fdny only wants to know if you've ever been "convicted" there was a bunch of ppl in my group that asked this specific question hope this helps
[/QUOTE]

Definitely does. You just let me breathe a sigh of relief that I don't have to deal with that headache. Thanks a million

Tone0890

Forum Ride Along
One more thing I forgot to ask, can anybody recommend a school to obtain my EMT-B certs? I've only really seen Code1 in the Bronx, LaGuardia CC and St.Johns in Queens. It would be a great help if anyone else had something they could recommend. Also, just in case I miss this September's exams for the EMT, does anyone have a recommendation for a Paramedic school?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
One more thing I forgot to ask, can anybody recommend a school to obtain my EMT-B certs? I've only really seen Code1 in the Bronx, LaGuardia CC and St.Johns in Queens. It would be a great help if anyone else had something they could recommend. Also, just in case I miss this September's exams for the EMT, does anyone have a recommendation for a Paramedic school?

Are you talking about schools that actually teach EMT?

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

North shore lij has a really good program.
They have an accelerated program during the summer for 3 months, Monday to thursday, 7-3

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
Thanks. I saw they have a 7pm-10pm which is actually great for me. I'll definitely be registering the 1st day they allow me to

Yeah, for sure brotha. You won't regret it. They have awesome instructors (also free coffee!) :D

tia89

Forum Crew Member
So i got a call from fd today saying being that i was off work for more than a certain amount of months they needed verification. I was still in highschool My last couple months before i graduated. He also said they made it a little before 400 and will be putting a class in of 188 which is the biggest. He said they will definitely reach my number for april class. They also have one for july

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain
So i got a call from fd today saying being that i was off work for more than a certain amount of months they needed verification. I was still in highschool My last couple months before i graduated. He also said they made it a little before 400 and will be putting a class in of 188 which is the biggest. He said they will definitely reach my number for april class. They also have one for july

Whats your number?
And also, i heard that they will start sending calls out in about two weeks (mid march). The class will be april 18th.

tia89

Forum Crew Member
Whats your number?
And also, i heard that they will start sending calls out in about two weeks (mid march). The class will be april 18th.
My list number is 594 and he said they reached close to 400. Also look how far they got with just 16* ppl in a class

FDNYEMT

Forum Captain