FDNY EMS Candidates

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
You have to be in your BMI range. They don't care if it's muscle or fat, if it's one pound above, they will fail you. I've seen it happen

They give you like a month to lose the weight i beleive

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
You have to be in your BMI range. They don't care if it's muscle or fat, if it's one pound above, they will fail you. I've seen it happen

They give you the benefit of the doubt and give you 20% above your bmi. I had taken A picture of the chart with my cell phone when I was there but ever since I changed cell phones i lost all my pictures....

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
They give you the benefit of the doubt and give you 20% above your bmi. I had taken A picture of the chart with my cell phone when I was there but ever since I changed cell phones i lost all my pictures....

Huh, guy in my medical was one pound and they failed him, I think they gave him 30 days.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Huh, guy in my medical was one pound and they failed him, I think they gave him 30 days.

He was 1lb over the 20% the doc also comes in and takes a good look at you to see how your proportioned. If your fit then he knows of course muscles weighs more than fat so he will go by that as well

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
He was 1lb over the 20% the doc also comes in and takes a good look at you to see how your proportioned. If your fit then he knows of course muscles weighs more than fat so he will go by that as well

Oh, I didn't know that, then again in skinny, so I had no worries. Thank you for clearing that up,
after this somebody should gather all the informative posts and make them into one long sticky for everyone.

once I get in

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
Has anyone from 3024 gotten the call yet for the class at the end of the month? Every time my phone goes off I jump hoping it is the call, but so far it has only been false alarms.

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
I did not get a call yet for July... I have been asking around about a July academy confirmation... I have not heard of a start date ...

------------------------
List 3024 # 92*

Applied - Sept 2012
PA test - Nov. 2013
Intake - Jan 2014
Psych - Feb 2014
Medical - Feb 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

sfdgnasty453

Forum Crew Member
Are you from list 3024 or 4004?

I am from 3024. It sounds like they should be pulling all of 3024 and starting on 4004 for the class based on what I have heard. I've also been given the unofficial date of 7/28/14 for the start from a buddy on the job. Anyone hear anything different?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I am from 3024. It sounds like they should be pulling all of 3024 and starting on 4004 for the class based on what I have heard. I've also been given the unofficial date of 7/28/14 for the start from a buddy on the job. Anyone hear anything different?

Heard same as you

phoppey

Forum Crew Member

Whats your list number? Im 98x

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Has anyone from 3024 gotten the call yet for the class at the end of the month? Every time my phone goes off I jump hoping it is the call, but so far it has only been false alarms.

Not yet. I was on that list. Was number 87. They are finishing up though. The end of that list are going into the next class and the beginning of he new list will be with those at the end of my list

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Not yet. I was on that list. Was number 87. They are finishing up though. The end of that list are going into the next class and the beginning of he new list will be with those at the end of my list

Yeah july will be the last #s of 3024 and a few low 4004 #s, October academy will have almost all 4004, I heard it might be pushed back a bit due to funding

Technics

Forum Ride Along
Got the call this morning for the July class. Orientation 7/28 classes start on the 29th. Was held back from previous class I'm in the 6** range for emt 3024. I chose the 3:30 - 11:30 class. Hope u guys get the call too.

axpbob

Forum Crew Member
nice ... waiting .. ring

----------------------

list 3025 # 92*

Applied - Sept 2012
PA test - Nov. 2013
Intake - Jan 2014
Psych - Feb 2014
Medical - Feb 2014

Last edited by a moderator:

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Got the call this morning for the July class. Orientation 7/28 classes start on the 29th. Was held back from previous class I'm in the 6** range for emt 3024. I chose the 3:30 - 11:30 class. Hope u guys get the call too.

Congratulations brother

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Thanks man, hope u get the call too.

With 25X, I'm October, unless that many people failed or dropped out haha fingers crossed