Premium Member

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
havent got mine yet and im 160's also. Hoping for monday now

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
havent got mine yet and im 160's also. Hoping for monday now

I think they had a physical exam friday if I am not mistaken for people with #s under 100 or so, that's what my fto told me, not sure if right, I'm 2xx and he's 3xx

I'll check my mail later

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
I think they had a physical exam friday if I am not mistaken for people with #s under 100 or so, that's what my fto told me, not sure if right, I'm 2xx and he's 3xx

I'll check my mail later

Damn, they are moving fast

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Received mine, I am scheduled for the 29th at 2pm

For yours today? On a sunday? My mailman sucks, prolly get it tomorrow. :-(

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
For yours today? On a sunday? My mailman sucks, prolly get it tomorrow. :-(

I got it yesterday in the mail, I just checked it this morning. Yours will come monday

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
I got it yesterday in the mail, I just checked it this morning. Yours will come monday

Hope so. Where is it being held? Trotten or the rock? Does it say?

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yeah I was referring to qualifying testing

It's all at fort totten.
Bit of a travel for me since I don't have a car and live in brooklyn.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
For anyone who's taken the stairmaster, how is it?

Is it something that someone who isn't overweight and in average condition will pass it or is it difficult and you have to prepare?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain

Is it something that someone who isn't overweight and in average condition will pass it or is it difficult and you have to prepare?

You need to go to a gym and grab 2 20 pound weights and get on a stairmaster for 3 minutes. If you have never even tried it before your test day I would expect to fail.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
You need to go to a gym and grab 2 20 pound weights and get on a stairmaster for 3 minutes. If you have never even tried it before your test day I would expect to fail.

They upped it to 3 1/2 minutes now, I'll go tomorrow and train, if you get to know the machine before the test, it'll be so much easier and less scary

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member

If you're in any sort of shape, you'll be fine. I never did the StairMaster with weights prior, and it was over before I knew it. Just don't think about it while you're stepping.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah I was referring to qualifying testing

Cool thanks. Still waiting on mailman. Did the cpat for a department here last year. That was stairmill with 75lbs. Was hard but not till the very last 30 second or so. hoping this stairmill is slightly easier seeing as how it's 35lbs lighter.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
It's all at fort totten.
Bit of a travel for me since I don't have a car and live in brooklyn.

Bit of a travel for you! I have to come from Rhode island! Lol. Times your test?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
If you're in any sort of shape, you'll be fine. I never did the StairMaster with weights prior, and it was over before I knew it. Just don't think about it while you're stepping.

Sing a song in your head, helps keep your mind of it.

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Got it! Niiiice, march 29th at 8a.... that really was fast...