FDNY EMS Candidates

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
and what about the physical and all the other procedures before the academy? Because i never done any of those yet.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah but down instructors here have made comments like a Dec class is being discussed.

Interesting... I cant wait for next week to be over already lol my stress levels are ridiculous lol

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
Wow, so yea It looks like I'm close. your partner will be in the February class or next one?

I guess it depends. I believe some candidates have gone through the whole process in a month and a half ...some over a span of 3 4 months. Depends also on how many fail throughout the process.

This last class that went in I believe started in the 70s and went all the way to the 300s. Only time is going to tell . I have my fingers crossed I can some how complete everything before the next class to have a chance to get in. Most likely I'm looking at spring though.

Sigh transport ems sucks lol

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
I guess it depends. I believe some candidates have gone through the whole process in a month and a half ...some over a span of 3 4 months. Depends also on how many fail throughout the process.

This last class that went in I believe started in the 70s and went all the way to the 300s. Only time is going to tell . I have my fingers crossed I can some how complete everything before the next class to have a chance to get in. Most likely I'm looking at spring though.

Sigh transport ems sucks lol

I hear ya...good luck.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

Sigh transport ems sucks lol[/QU
OTE]

Why do so many people fail? Probably due to the physical?

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member

Sigh transport ems sucks lol[/QU
OTE]

Why do so many people fail? Probably due to the physical?

physical is a joke
i think they run through list number quickly because not everyone that applies has EMS as there number 1 choice

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
yeah I heard the physical is a joke but yet pople fail

A lot more people fail the physical than I thought would. Also you rarely have more than a week or so notice to go in for the various dates. It isn't that hard to get to the academy but you gotta jump through a few hoops when they tell you to jump through them or you are out. I know someone that did their physical with me this past April, he missed his intake date in June. They told him they would reschedule it and he still hasn't been rescheduled for it.

ksquire222

Forum Crew Member
Received my intake letter earlier this week. List #46x. Has anyone rescheduled their intake date before? If so, was there much trouble with rescheduling? Not sure yet, but I may have to reschedule if possible.