FDNY EMS Candidates

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
I live in manhattan. Went to the SS office on 125th. It is huge. Only took me like 20 minutes. Make sure you bring a money order for it. They don't accept any other form of payment.

How much does the money order have to be? I think someone told me 25

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
OMG! i just my letter in the mail today for my physical but the letter was dated on 10/07 and the physical was this morning at 8Am!!! just got the letter today!! what do i do??

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
OMG! i just my letter in the mail today for my physical but the letter was dated on 10/07 and the physical was this morning at 8Am!!! just got the letter today!! what do i do??

I figured you were scheduled for this go around. Yea best you can do is call Monday.

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
Don't call with an attitude, I am sure you are not the first one this has happened to.

haha of course not, i am at their mercy. I have heard of this happening too often, plus the letter had a post mark of 10/16 stamped on it.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
As we all know FDNY has a EVOC course that you need to pass in order to pass their school.

What's a good way to practice? I thought about renting a cargo van and the small BOX van from UHAUL, and take it to an abandoned airfield and practice driving all day, is that a good idea?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
As we all know FDNY has a EVOC course that you need to pass in order to pass their school.

What's a good way to practice? I thought about renting a cargo van and the small BOX van from UHAUL, and take it to an abandoned airfield and practice driving all day, is that a good idea?

No, you could but that would really be a waste of time and money. I would be more concerned about ur academics. Stay on top or ur skills etc. if you don't pass the academic portion that makes up the first 2-3 weeks of the academy you are out. No excuses accepted. They give you plenty if EVOC practice time during the academy and they offer you extra practice in ur own time. There also is remediation if you mess up the driving tests during the academy. With the academic part there is no remediation. If you don't pass the first time you are fired.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
No, you could but that would really be a waste of time and money. I would be more concerned about ur academics. Stay on top or ur skills etc. if you don't pass the academic portion that makes up the first 2-3 weeks of the academy you are out. No excuses accepted. They give you plenty if EVOC practice time during the academy and they offer you extra practice in ur own time. There also is remediation if you mess up the driving tests during the academy. With the academic part there is no remediation. If you don't pass the first time you are fired.

Thanks for the solid advice.

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
I figured you were scheduled for this go around. Yea best you can do is call Monday.

So apparently 160 letters went out that week for the PAT and a lot of them were never delivered or lost in the mail. When I called, I was informed to send an email to investigations and I would be rescheduled. I called again today and was told that I would not me penalized and will be scheduled for the PAT within the next COUPLE of months...to me that kind of sounds like I’m being penalized but I guess at least they are willing to reschedule me.

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
So apparently 160 letters went out that week for the PAT and a lot of them were never delivered or lost in the mail. When I called, I was informed to send an email to investigations and I would be rescheduled. I called again today and was told that I would not me penalized and will be scheduled for the PAT within the next COUPLE of months...to me that kind of sounds like I’m being penalized but I guess at least they are willing to reschedule me.

Yea you are being penalized due to the fact its pushing the rest of the steps back, ie: intake, medical, psych.

Since it was a mass case they should put on a physical for you guys asap.

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
Yea you are being penalized due to the fact its pushing the rest of the steps back, ie: intake, medical, psych.

Since it was a mass case they should put on a physical for you guys asap.

Well that would make sense, but lets be serious..its NYC when do they ever do something that makes sense?? lol Your exactly right, this would push the rest of the process back.

phoppey

Forum Crew Member

What number did you call? And did they tell up to what list number they sent letters out to? Im worried I might have not got a letter

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
What number did you call? And did they tell up to what list number they sent letters out to? Im worried I might have not got a letter

Well my number is 812, they didnt say what numbers were on that list. I called 718-999-2164 (HR).