FDNY EMS Candidates

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
For real ??!!!!!

Yes. The first 5 weeks is basically a recert class. And we take the emt state exam. Those who fail get kicked out or fired. And those who pass continue on with EVOC and fdny protocols and what not. The academy is 10 weeks

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
The one that just graduated was both.

Maybe they do have both graduate together but they have different class times during the 10 weeks. A 7-3,3-11, and 3:30-11:30 maybe one of those classes are filled with medics?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Maybe they do have both graduate together but they have different class times during the 10 weeks. A 7-3,3-11, and 3:30-11:30 maybe one of those classes are filled with medics?

The class that just graduated had 39 medics and 80 some EMT's pass

EMTVeg

Forum Captain

And it is just 7-3 and 3-11. Nobody has mentioned a 330 to 1130

Gon8822

Forum Probie
The class that just graduated had 39 medics and 80 some EMT's pass

well that means 150ppl-(39 medic+80 emt )= 31ppl fail/fired???
one out of five people that got in training got kicked out??
anyone have the info on what is the major cause ??

Any of the following???

1)EMT/Medic State Test ( re cert )

2)physical (running , weight, or anything)

3)class grade ( Protocol and stuff)

4) Likeability ( face to face interview?? your background?? where you volunteer??)

Is there any fresh FDNY EMT that can give us some pointers ???:blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
well that means 150ppl-(39 medic+80 emt )= 31ppl fail/fired???
one out of five people that got in training got kicked out??
anyone have the info on what is the major cause ??

Any of the following???

1)EMT/Medic State Test ( re cert )

2)physical (running , weight, or anything)

3)class grade ( Protocol and stuff)

4) Likeability ( face to face interview?? your background?? where you volunteer??)

Is there any fresh FDNY EMT that can give us some pointers ???:blink:

Once your in the academy the only way to get kicked out or fired is for failing grades and failing the recert.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Well today starting at 9am is hopefully the start of the phone calls!

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
Good morning and good luck to all with being called.

I am new to the forums and was just wondering if anyone here as heard when the next civil service exam will be for FDNY EMT? I have checked both FDNY's site and DCAS's but there as been no new information posted. I also did a search here on the forums but found nothing.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Good morning and good luck to all with being called.

I am new to the forums and was just wondering if anyone here as heard when the next civil service exam will be for FDNY EMT? I have checked both FDNY's site and DCAS's but there as been no new information posted. I also did a search here on the forums but found nothing.

It should be sometime this month. Make sure you stay on top of it. When I applied it was only open for 5 days.

kettlebell

Rocket Surgeon
It should be sometime this month. Make sure you stay on top of it. When I applied it was only open for 5 days.

Thanks. I was under the impression it would be this month but I had not seen any up dates for the up coming exam. I'll just have check the DCAS site everyday I guess.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Thanks. I was under the impression it would be this month but I had not seen any up dates for the up coming exam. I'll just have check the DCAS site everyday I guess.

That is what I did last year. There was nothing I could find then all of a suddenly one day I checked and there it was.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Oh by the way, they make their calls between 9am and 11:30am only. They get their calls done with in the morning hours only so if we dont hear today... there's always tomorrow.