FDNY EMS Candidates

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Have you searched for threads where they discuss to application process? It would probably have more info than here. Just saying...

I googled it and found a lot of info in the fdny website in regards to the hiring and application process

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I was considering it but being that JPat is going through the process now I figured she would be a little more informative since its still fresh and she seems extremely ambitious about all of it.

Not being shady just saying most of the answers are probably already there so you wouldn't have to wait for replies.

Gon8822

Forum Probie
i find myself checking this thread everyday for update on the calling. And just saying if i for any reason don't get in this sept FDNY academy. my wife will kill me and i might need to call u guys for help....:blink:

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
i find myself checking this thread everyday for update on the calling. And just saying if i for any reason don't get in this sept FDNY academy. my wife will kill me and i might need to call u guys for help....:blink:

Hahahahaha im talking my husbands ear off about it. Hes at the point where he now thinks its all a pipe dream and I wont get called. He said its taking too long.. I said welcome to the city.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
So not onky do we have to wait till next week but we have to wait till Tuesday! Because Monday is a holiday! 4 days till start of calling ya think?

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
So not onky do we have to wait till next week but we have to wait till Tuesday! Because Monday is a holiday! 4 days till start of calling ya think?

Yeah I mean it isn't going to b this weekend. Haha. I just really hope I make it. I feel pretty confident being so early in the 300's there is still a chance though.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Yeah I mean it isn't going to b this weekend. Haha. I just really hope I make it. I feel pretty confident being so early in the 300's there is still a chance though.

Always a chance!

unleashedfury

Forum Asst. Chief
If your Significant other is not in the field.. yeah its gonna drive them crazy. My GF, doesn't grasp the concept as well. Shes a nurse. I tested for Prince William County last year and she couldn't believe that about 1500 people where all chasing the same job. and how competitive it was and how many people where just waiting in line to get a chance to take the job I remember jabbering about it and it made her nuts as she didn't think you stood a chance if you didn't get a job offer within a few weeks of applying

Her biggest competition was when she tried to get into Hershey Medical Center the applicant pool was like 200.

I'm checking the site daily, in hopes of the next exam going through.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
If your Significant other is not in the field.. yeah its gonna drive them crazy. My GF, doesn't grasp the concept as well. Shes a nurse. I tested for Prince William County last year and she couldn't believe that about 1500 people where all chasing the same job. and how competitive it was and how many people where just waiting in line to get a chance to take the job I remember jabbering about it and it made her nuts as she didn't think you stood a chance if you didn't get a job offer within a few weeks of applying

Her biggest competition was when she tried to get into Hershey Medical Center the applicant pool was like 200.

I'm checking the site daily, in hopes of the next exam going through.

Good luck!!

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Are calls being anticipated to start tomorrow ?

As far as we know! Because its now 20 days to go at this point and all calls should be made this week so we can all give our jobs the 2 weeks notice and also these next 2 weeks we go for our uniform fittings and IDs.