FDNY EMS Candidates

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
Do you know how people are usually in each class? and good luck btw!

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
We also dont know how many people were disqualified. Like when I went for my physical. Out of 123 that showed up only 40 passed the stairmaster

I Hate Milk

Forum Probie
Question...

How do you know if you were disqualified? I am in the mid 200s but never heard back from them and my investigator wouldn't tell me anything. After they said I was medically qualified after my physical and all that I have never heard back. So, basically what I wanted to know was if I was disqualified or whatever they would have let me know by now right? I haven't heard from them in about 2 months or so..If you could let me know I would appreciate it. Thanks!

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
How do you know if you were disqualified? I am in the mid 200s but never heard back from them and my investigator wouldn't tell me anything. After they said I was medically qualified after my physical and all that I have never heard back. So, basically what I wanted to know was if I was disqualified or whatever they would have let me know by now right? I haven't heard from them in about 2 months or so..If you could let me know I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Thats because our files are in reviewing stages of hiring. . When did you go for your medical? I went may 2nd. My investigator told me our files are being reviewed that we are to expect a phone call the first and 2nd week of September. Classes start sept 23rd those who were disqualified didnt pass the stairmaster. When I went march the day before easter out of 123 only 40 of us passed. As I was waiting for my turn I saw so many people failing off the stairmaster. I failed back in 2007 with the stairmaster. They give you 2 tries. 3 months in between and if you dont make it the 2nd time you have to wait 3 years or until you recertify

Last edited by a moderator:

I Hate Milk

Forum Probie
I did my medical in the beginning of June. They told me that I was fully medically qualified and saw the doctor sign it and all. I just wasn't sure if they call you if you were disqualified or just wait because I never heard back but I am just hoping that I am lined up for this one. I had no idea that many people were failing the stair master so at least that gives me some hope. You think you could put up a post once your number is called to give some of us a heads up? I would seriously appreciate it. Thanks for the quick reply

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I did my medical in the beginning of June. They told me that I was fully medically qualified and saw the doctor sign it and all. I just wasn't sure if they call you if you were disqualified or just wait because I never heard back but I am just hoping that I am lined up for this one. I had no idea that many people were failing the stair master so at least that gives me some hope. You think you could put up a post once your number is called to give some of us a heads up? I would seriously appreciate it. Thanks for the quick reply

Absolutely! I plan on it :)

EMTVeg

Forum Captain

You obviously haven't been around on this forum for long if you weren't expecting Jpat to post when she gets her call... Haha

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
You obviously haven't been around on this forum for long if you weren't expecting Jpat to post when she gets her call... Haha

Lmaoooo its okay. I can relate to the anxiousness

Crackcicle

Forum Crew Member
The investigators are notoriously difficult to get ahold of and cryptic, at best, if you do get ahold them. They called my for my PTOP class three days before it started. As long as you gave them all your paperwork and went through all the steps you should be fine.

I Hate Milk

Forum Probie
Yeah, that's what I am hearing..."If you don't hear from them then that's a good thing." My investigator hasn't been much help but what are you gonna do. Appreciate the help.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Yeah, that's what I am hearing..."If you don't hear from them then that's a good thing." My investigator hasn't been much help but what are you gonna do. Appreciate the help.

And annoying your investigator is never a good thing.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
And annoying your investigator is never a good thing.

Omg thats what i did back in June thinking I was going into June 17ths class I kept calling my investigator so much I think I pissed him off so I figured let me leave him alone for good now. Lolol whos everyones investigator?

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Anybody know if your letters to your previous employers have to be returned before your file is approved to get a call?

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
So I just got word that they are starting with the phone calls next week!