FDNY EMS Candidates

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I moved to NYC last November. I have been living in Harlem since then haha. I am here and ready.

Oh nice. So on your dream sheet you can put division 1 which is that area. Im in staten island.. I was told to work here its nearly impossible. Its consodered the retirement borough lol ill probably get either Brooklyn or the city. I was in the back of the pack for my physical so I saw everyone who passed and failed. Seeing that made me more motivated and determined to pass lol

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Oh nice. So on your dream sheet you can put division 1 which is that area. Im in staten island.. I was told to work here its nearly impossible. Its consodered the retirement borough lol ill probably get either Brooklyn or the city. I was in the back of the pack for my physical so I saw everyone who passed and failed. Seeing that made me more motivated and determined to pass lol

I have a friend that worked Harlem and just got into this last fire academy class. He loved it and I would love to be here. If I learned Spanish I wouldn't mind the south Bronx either.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
I have a friend that worked Harlem and just got into this last fire academy class. He loved it and I would love to be here. If I learned Spanish I wouldn't mind the south Bronx either.

Omgsh bronx?! Thats soooo far from me. I could never commute that far! If anything im hoping to get station 40 or 43 in bklyn and 10 or 16 in the city.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
I would have to agree with Veg..I'm also live close to the Bronx and would love to work there

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant
They will most likely stop between 300-350 tye new list tgey are starting with number 70. Depending on how many people were disqualified is how far they will go up on the list

There were people at my medical with list #'s much higher then that it seemed like, just from talking with a few people..

Gon8822

Forum Probie
JPat~ make sure to let us know when u get call... and also ask them how many more they will call. ^_^ (list # 224) >_<''

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
JPat~ make sure to let us know when u get call... and also ask them how many more they will call. ^_^ (list # 224) >_<''

Ill try and ask. My investigator seems very strict and just wants to get to the point and thats it But ill definitely see what I can ask.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain

Again, do you all really think jpat is not gonna post when she gets a call? Lol watch nobody get a call this week haha. I am way to anxious about this. I feel if you are 224 there is no way you wouldn't get a call. I am in the early 300's and stressing.

I Hate Milk

Forum Probie
Response

So, I just found out my employers have gotten letters to verify employment. Is this basically the last step before the call? I am list #251 btw.

I Hate Milk

Forum Probie
I know what you mean but it kind of seems to be the trending thing thats going on with these list numbers that are expecting to go. Hopefully this is a good sign..

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
I know what you mean but it kind of seems to be the trending thing thats going on with these list numbers that are expecting to go. Hopefully this is a good sign..

I do know they reviewed my file though cause I got a call.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Oh ok man..keep us updated bro. I'll be doing the same. Good luck to everyone this upcoming week! :beerchug:

You should get a call before me. I figure if they are starting with #70 then I need 124 people or so to have failed or dropped out. That concerns me, seems like a lot.