FDNY EMS Candidates

axpbob

Forum Crew Member

Did they tell you they'll reexamine you, change your diet, pass/fail?

the doc did not talk much at the exam but the put like 40 of us that day...

the papers that i got in the mail today said the they were mild abnormalities
and i may want to share them with my primary doctor ... no actions required on my part ... It did say "This letter is NOT A NOTIFICATION of your candidacy qualification" so like everything else in this i don't know what the f that means and i just have to sit and wait .... for that call if it comes

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
the doc did not talk much at the exam but the put like 40 of us that day...

the papers that i got in the mail today said the they were mild abnormalities
and i may want to share them with my primary doctor ... no actions required on my part ... It did say "This letter is NOT A NOTIFICATION of your candidacy qualification" so like everything else in this i don't know what the f that means and i just have to sit and wait .... for that call if it comes

It seems like that information is for you to correct if you want on your time, it did not say you are dq so my guess is, you're good and you're waiting on the academy, you may want to call your investigator and ask, but you should be fine.

Other members may shed some light

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
I had no problem with the stairmaster i though the arm bicycle was the most difficult part, i was so winded after doing it

Really? The arm bicycle was that difficult? I figured That would have been one of the easiest parts.

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Really? The arm bicycle was that difficult? I figured That would have been one of the easiest parts.

Its one of those things were you really need to pace yourself, i started out going a little to fast and after like a minute my arms were burning.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Its one of those things were you really need to pace yourself, i started out going a little to fast and after like a minute my arms were burning.
Good thing you passed it. It sucks when your arms are burning and you still have 2 minutes to go

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Good thing you passed it. It sucks when your arms are burning and you still have 2 minutes to go

Yea i mean you have to do 210 revolutions, i think i knocked that out in the first minute, the rest of the i was just tryin not to stop

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Yea i mean you have to do 210 revolutions, i think i knocked that out in the first minute, the rest of the i was just tryin not to stop

Is there resistance on it?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant

I thought it was constant for 2 minutes? I didn't know they're was a minimum. I know the stairmill is a total of 210 ( not including the 1 minute warm up). Which was more difficult? Stairs or arms?

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Now, who esle is gonna be there @ 8am tomorrow?

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
I thought it was constant for 2 minutes? I didn't know they're was a minimum. I know the stairmill is a total of 210 ( not including the 1 minute warm up). Which was more difficult? Stairs or arms?

I trained a little bit for the stairs, so i thought that was easier

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
I trained a little bit for the stairs, so i thought that was easier

Ah ok. I've done the stairs before so i know what to expect with those. just didnt know the bicycle was really that taxing on your arms.

TF922

Forum Ride Along
Sorry about the late response , but I'm saying for the parts of the application where they ask you to put your computer skills in detail , such as typing speed , etc. I'm not sure of what I should put , so would N/A be appropriate instead of just leaving it blank?

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
Ah ok. I've done the stairs before so i know what to expect with those. just didnt know the bicycle was really that taxing on your arms.

It might just be me lol, i saw some little girl do it fairly easy, i also burnt myself out the first minute instead of pacing myself

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Does anyone know how long the physical takes?

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
Just put in what you know. Or just leave it blank.

Drax

Forum Captain
Sorry about the late response , but I'm saying for the parts of the application where they ask you to put your computer skills in detail , such as typing speed , etc. I'm not sure of what I should put , so would N/A be appropriate instead of just leaving it blank?

Go online, find a typing test, give it a shot and put that. I wouldn't imagine you'd need to give a certified typing speed.

Ttperez40

Forum Crew Member
I got my score last month and it was wrong. I did not get any of my work or training credits. I sent a letter to dcas about it after I called them. They said expect a new score in 4 to 6 months. If my current list number is 8xx do you this I could start the process before I get my new score and do you think a new score will really help??

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
PAT complete.... now to start working on this packet...

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
PAT complete.... now to start working on this packet...

Same here, the bicycle thing was harder than the stairmaster, we had a big guy almost faint and he looked strong too

Stitch276

Forum Lieutenant
Same here, the bicycle thing was harder than the stairmaster, we had a big guy almost faint and he looked strong too

I saw someone fail the stairmaster, i felt bad for her. Then some big dude came off it, around the corner and puked inn the trash can lol. Then he almost passed out cause he over exerted himself on the arm pull. Took Lt Russell bout 7 minutes to get the get the guy off the floor and convince him too drink some water.