FDNY EMS Candidates

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Still haven't heard back from my investigator on why I was skipped over...guy won't answer my emails and his phone seems to be disconnected. Every time I call investigations they won't help they just tell me they will leave him a message for me....anyone else in the same boat?

Also keep in mind they are trying to get this class all set that starts on Monday and they just finished approving over 300 people for the fire academy that started a couple weeks ago. If you call next week they might have a bit more info.

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I have never heard of someone hearing from headquarters that they were not being considered unless it was because you didn't pass the medical or psych test. All my answers are personal though, I just let you know from my experience and the experiences of people I know.

So basically after a few years of not hearing back anything you just assume they don't want you?

EmtMacho

Forum Crew Member
Ok I got a letter from FDNY about my medical stating that I have mild abmormalies. Looking at the numbers there good (I did donate a kidney). What do I do now ?

EmtMacho

Forum Crew Member
I believe mine said mine were "acceptable"

It jus says I have mild abnormality and if you want your pcp to check it out. It also says that the letter not a notification of your candidacy qualification. Also gives me a guideline out exisces and crap like that

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
Does anyone know the possible start date for next academy. I know the day I went in to meet the investigator ,the director said they were canvassing us for Feb/April academy.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Does anyone know the possible start date for next academy. I know the day I went in to meet the investigator ,the director said they were canvassing us for Feb/April academy.

Well the last academy finished December 4th and this one is starting Feb 10th. The program is 9 weeks long. Sometimes they run them back to back and sometimes they have a break between.

EMTVeg

Forum Captain

Once these guys start on Monday one if them will probably hear when the next academy will be

aq40

Forum Crew Member
does anyone know when we should be expecting our list numbers from test 4004

The list will probably be established around march-April of this year and then you possibly won't hear back for another 3-12 months depending on your list number

aq40

Forum Crew Member
Good luck to all who took the PAT today, there was roughly about 50 of us. You guys weren't kidding the stairmill had a lot of people failing. It's rough on the legs, all you have to do is control your breathing and push yourself. Sing a song for 3 minutes and it'll be done before you know it. To all those who moved on, congrats for the unfortunate ones I wish you the best. Start running and working out and give it another try, don't give up brothers and sisters. Best of luck!

DutchessEMT45

Forum Ride Along
Tomorrow question

Hey anyone going to metrotech or for those who have been there on the first day of our appointment....How much of the dress uniform do we wear? Lost my paper in an auto accident. Thanks!

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Hey anyone going to metrotech or for those who have been there on the first day of our appointment....How much of the dress uniform do we wear? Lost my paper in an auto accident. Thanks!

Light blue long sleeve shirt, work pants, smooth belt, boots, tie, tie clip, collar pins, watch, bring black ink pen.