FDNY EMS Candidates

Bagpiper169

Forum Probie
Quick question for all: After calling DCAS today, and finding out that the list # of the last eligible appointed for exam #3024 is now up to 334, I immediately called my investigator, as my list is #25X....He informed me that my file is still under review, and that I just have to wait. Has this happened to anyone else??

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
Quick question for all: After calling DCAS today, and finding out that the list # of the last eligible appointed for exam #3024 is now up to 334, I immediately called my investigator, as my list is #25X....He informed me that my file is still under review, and that I just have to wait. Has this happened to anyone else??

I know there a few people in my current class that are from the previous list because they had similar things happen.

Ryan815

Forum Lieutenant

Were you on outstanding certification when you called ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bagpiper169

Forum Probie
No....when I called DCAS yesterday, it said that I am NOT currently on an outstanding certification.....When I called DCAS back in early September, I WAS on outstanding certification, but not anymore..... I'm hoping that changes again sometime before the next academy class starts on February 10, 2014.....

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
No....when I called DCAS yesterday, it said that I am NOT currently on an outstanding certification.....When I called DCAS back in early September, I WAS on outstanding certification, but not anymore..... I'm hoping that changes again sometime before the next academy class starts on February 10, 2014.....

What's an outstanding certification?

Bagpiper169

Forum Probie
My understanding of being on outstanding certification means that your list # is part of a group of numbers that is included in the next hiring round.... if you are NOT on outstanding certification, it means that your list # hasn't been reached yet, or skipped over for some reason....

lukgiel

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
I've heard of fdny skipping over numbers, I'm just wondering why, probably because people don't have their paper work in order or don't qualify for some reason, maybe too many points on DL or an expired cert.

aq40

Forum Crew Member
When I called last week I was on an "outstanding certification" but when I called yesterday I'm "not currently on outstanding certification" does anyone know what this means? I took the exam 3024 in September 2012, never got a call for follow up or anything. My list number is in the mid 1200s. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMTVeg

Forum Captain
When I called last week I was on an "outstanding certification" but when I called yesterday I'm "not currently on outstanding certification" does anyone know what this means? I took the exam 3024 in September 2012, never got a call for follow up or anything. My list number is in the mid 1200s. Any guidance would be appreciated.

The bottom line is nobody know a for sure what this means. People have even asked their investigators and the investigators say they don't know what it means.