FDNY EMS Candidates

phoppey

Forum Crew Member
just heard that they will be offering the promotional test to the fire side every 2 years instead of four. which i guess would be good for us because they might hire more emts to prepare for more people leaving ems.

Who did you hear this from?

steven9d3

Forum Crew Member
My neighbor is an instructor at the fire academy and said ems will have a promo test every 2 years because that's what it states in their current contract. He also said the next promo will most likely be delayed tho

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
just heard that they will be offering the promotional test to the fire side every 2 years instead of four. which i guess would be good for us because they might hire more emts to prepare for more people leaving ems.

Is the cut off age for fire fighter still 29 if your already in FDNY as an emt?

EmtMacho

Forum Crew Member
That's bad for everyone on the EMS side - more people taking a job they have no interest in doing just to get to their dream job of being a firefighter. The worst mistake the department ever made. That being said it should make things somewhat easier for people trying to get in to EMS. There is pretty high turnover without that though.

Agree you can tell in there pateint care that they have no interest in the job,which sucks for us real emt's that want this job and they get pick ahead of one of us.

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
I just got my PAT letter in the mail. They rescheduled me for Sunday 11/17. Anyone else taking it?

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
Took Exam 4004 from Yonkers, Ny

EmtMacho

Forum Crew Member
Met my investigator today and have my medical on Friday.They confirmed that the next classes is for February and April.do they do ppd test there cause I have not done one for this year?I know the letter says to bring a doctor note if you done one recently.

Crackcicle

Forum Crew Member
Met my investigator today and have my medical on Friday.They confirmed that the next classes is for February and April.do they do ppd test there cause I have not done one for this year?I know the letter says to bring a doctor note if you done one recently.

They will do a PPD

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
Does anyone know what the last test number was to be called and also list number wise?

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member
They went from 448s +/- to the 550s +/- for.this last intake

900s for the physical

Awesome. and what test number? the one before 4004?

SenorRojer

Forum Crew Member

Fsanacore

Forum Crew Member
Off topic question, is anyone else concerned about the starting salary for FD/EMS? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not making millions now but it would be a pay cut starting out. Anyone feel the same?