FDNY EMS Candidates

I Hate Milk

Forum Probie
Let me know when you get your call drop...I'm 25X. Good luck man. I know 150 got called.

emtnyc2012

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats Jpat and everyone else who got to call.

Emtveg I hope you get the call...would be nice if they got as far down as possible for this class.

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Congrats Jpat and everyone else who got to call.

Emtveg I hope you get the call...would be nice if they got as far down as possible for this class.

Ty! They are continuing with their calls tomorrow! A few people I know turned them down to work in the hospital

medic308

Forum Crew Member
As of today the new posting is up and is available until the 24th of this month.

Last edited by a moderator:

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Expect your letter in march! !!

wow that's a pretty confident answer, how can you be so sure ? Also ill just ask this here, I know you get 5 points on the test for having a 24hr hazmat operations level thing completed, where/how can I do that ? Is it an online test, because I have some sort of certificate of a hazwopper completed online

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
wow that's a pretty confident answer, how can you be so sure ? Also ill just ask this here, I know you get 5 points on the test for having a 24hr hazmat operations level thing completed, where/how can I do that ? Is it an online test, because I have some sort of certificate of a hazwopper completed online

Because I lived it! I applied the same exact time last year!! I went through everything your going through now

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Because I lived it! I applied the same exact time last year!! I went through everything your going through now

ah I see, well thanks for the answer. Are you in the academy / working yet ?

My score will be a 70 because I just received my certification so I have no work experience..wondering how long it will take to be called

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
ah I see, well thanks for the answer. Are you in the academy / working yet ?

My score will be a 70 because I just received my certification so I have no work experience..wondering how long it will take to be called

I just got my call today. Starting sept 23rd

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
Very nice, congratulations.

SO i'm looking at a good year to get into the academy ?

Depending on how long it takes them to finish with my list. Im 87 and my list has 1318. They take 150 every class. Approx 4 classes a year.

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
Depending on how long it takes them to finish with my list. Im 87 and my list has 1318. They take 150 every class. Approx 4 classes a year.

if your 87 why did it take you almost until the end of the list to get called ??

OP
OP
JPat86

JPat86

Forum Lieutenant
if your 87 why did it take you almost until the end of the list to get called ??

They were finishing up with the last list 2004 before they started on my list 3024. Theres a mix of the stragglers from the last list and my list going in this class. They weren't done with 2004 list when I applied. Its the same as now. They just started on my list and your list is coming out next year. Same concept. This is how the city runs.

Last edited by a moderator:

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
They were finishing up with the last list 2004 before they started on my list 3024. Theres a mix of the stragglers from the last list and my list going in this class. They weren't done with 2004 list when I applied. Its the same as now. They just started on my list and your list is coming out next year. Same concept. This is how the city runs.

ah alright hopefully my number is decent

JRellsz

Forum Crew Member
It comes fast. This year flew by it seems lol

Hopefully I feel the same ! im trying to get hired by some companies now. im 18 and Im in SI too..getting hired will definitely make me happy and will make time go faster.