failed my test today

KillTank

Forum Lieutenant
had a question that asked "what does the c in abc's stand for" and i put breathing =[

kinda lame but when one of my students told me that i couldnt help but laugh

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I'm sorry. Is this supposed to be funny? Or sad?

Topher38

Forum Lieutenant
Wow. They seriously thought C stood for breathing? Or did he/she rush past the question lol. Thats pretty funny But sad too.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
well, figure all the time and money you put into training thus far has assured you won't make that mistake again. It's a start. But one more like it could be the red flag that says "kaput" to any medic fantasies you may have.

firetender

Community Leader Emeritus
just try to remember to NOT begin compressions before checking for a pulse and you'll do fine.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
just try to remember to NOT begin compressions before checking for a pulse and you'll do fine.

LOL...and just in case you do forget....

If your doing compressions and the patient says to you... "Hey that hurts, Stop it"

Well...you should probably go back to the A

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Um... I thought that the AHA was now teaching to "check for signs of circulation"... not checking a pulse.

RWC130

Forum Probie
Check
Pockets
Run!

lol

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
depends which level of CPR certification you get. The Heartsaver/AED one says "signs of circulation" but the Healthcare Provider/AED one (which should be the one you should have recieved with EMT Basic) teaches you checking for a pulse.