Failed Class.

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
So I failed my EMT class. I had too many absences. I think I am pretty much done with EMS, so many thoughts swirrling through my head. Im not sure to call it quits or not. I have never been faced with failure. Hmm.....I guess im just venting in a way. But if i'm not back on here again it was nice chatn with ya'll!!

~Bryan

Sapphyre

Forum Asst. Chief
Awww, Bryan, I'm sorry....

daedalus

Forum Deputy Chief
I second the above, why did you not go to class? Is it a issue with motivation? Because I have the same problem, and never used to get my butt to class in high school. I struggle with it even now, but now im weeks away from my application to paramedic school. Discipline is very very difficult for some of us, but it can be achieved.

OP
OP
CFRBryan347768

CFRBryan347768

Forum Captain
My girlfriend had our baby a month ago and I elected to stay in the hospital because the baby was in NICU; and my girlfriend needed my support as well. This was the major issue at the time. The absences totaled 6 days.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
While I'd imagine that you're at a low point right now, you can take comfort in knowing that you've joined the millions of students who have failed a class at some point in their life.

If EMS is important enough to you, and I'd imagine that it is, you'll learn from this experience try again. If you're comfortable with failure and have decided that EMS isn't for you, then move on and apply what you've learned to your future endeavors.

Good luck!

Bosco578

Forum Captain
My girlfriend had our baby a month ago and I elected to stay in the hospital because the baby was in NICU; and my girlfriend needed my support as well. This was the major issue at the time. The absences totaled 6 days.

Family first my friend. That's one area you have more than excelled in!

EMTCop86

Forum Captain
So I failed my EMT class. I had too many absences. I think I am pretty much done with EMS, so many thoughts swirrling through my head. Im not sure to call it quits or not. I have never been faced with failure. Hmm.....I guess im just venting in a way. But if i'm not back on here again it was nice chatn with ya'll!!

~Bryan

Don't give up. If EMS is what you really want to do then hold your head up and go back at it. Hope your baby is doing ok.

EMTinNEPA

Guess who's back...
Some of the best medics I know had to take the medic program three or four times. Never give up.

mikie

Forum Lurker

Clearly you have a damn good excuse.

I don't know you well, but from what I have read (from previous posts), you really want to be in EMS...

so when your baby is better, get back in class and stay on top of things. You'll do great. ;)

Airwaygoddess

Forum Deputy Chief
Everything will come with time

My friend, I agree with a lot of the folks here family comes first and foremost, just remember never stop learning, always remember we will always be here!!

When do we get to see that little bundle???? :)

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
Family first, EMS will dump you.

You can always do it later. No reason not to hang aruond.

tydek07

Forum Captain
Hello,

What a downer... but keep your head up and go for what you feel is right. As others have said, family comes first... I hope that your kid is doing better :) I have looked through some of your previous posts, looks as if you like EMS. If so, get into another EMT class when the time is right and get 'er done. Remember that you are not/will not be the first person to have to retake the class.

Keep your head up... things will come with time,