equipment and tools questions

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Originally posted by TTLWHKR+May 7 2005, 11:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TTLWHKR @ May 7 2005, 11:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by MedicStudentJon@May 6 2005, 09:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-daemonicusxx
@May 6 2005, 09:05 PM
i use equipment differently than the next guy. you know, the NC as an eye irrigation thingy. stuff like that.

I've seen that trick.. pretty cool... Pt's head in a bedpan and all...
If you get some of those squirt bottle tops for the 1000ml bottles of irrigation fluids, tape it to an IV hanger, you can shove the nascan right on the tip, and just tape it to the bridge of the nose... all set.

I like things that have multiple, practical uses. Instead of screw around w/ those annoying sam splints, I found this odd looking splint at an antique market. It was a wing nut, all wood and a bunch of hinges. Adjusts for knee and shoulder dislocations.. Took one lady in w/ a dislocation; the doc is really into us passing on stories about "how it used to be". He was totally amazed at my "Confederate Army of the United States" splint. Idk if it was really from the civil war, but it worked fine, and the whole case cost less than one SAM splint.

Who cares how old it is if it works, right?

:blink: I can't spell. damn allergy meds. :wacko: [/b][/quote]
Now when you say things you picked up or bought.... you're using your personal equipment on calls? IDK, around here I'd get in trouble for that. In fact, all the gear in my car was given to me by the department as I am a first responder for them - they'd flip their lid if I showed up with my own stuff - that, or I'd never stop hearing "BUFF"...

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by rescuecpt@Jun 2 2005, 06:27 AM
Now when you say things you picked up or bought.... you're using your personal equipment on calls? IDK, around here I'd get in trouble for that. In fact, all the gear in my car was given to me by the department as I am a first responder for them - they'd flip their lid if I showed up with my own stuff - that, or I'd never stop hearing "BUFF"...
... or a "ttlwhkr"

ECC

Forum Captain
In the vernacular of a New Yawker...it is BUFF...Whacker is some podunk translation. :huh:

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Originally posted by ECC@Jun 2 2005, 06:42 PM
In the vernacular of a New Yawker...it is BUFF...Whacker is some podunk translation. :huh:
'Round here.... You are a Buff if you take pictures, and a Whacker if your vehicle has more lights than the brush truck (4-bulb Force 4 LP), or more gear than the chief's car (Watercan and trauma bag)

Jon

emtd29

Forum Lieutenant
I read that survey.

That's ALL I did too.