Emtb

girlyEMT26

Forum Probie
I am trying to find a job as an ER tech and it is really hard, so i guess i will apply to some 911 ambulance companies, and get my experience..... Im afraid i will lose my knowledge if it takes too long to find a job lol.. anywho thats what my book is for right... ;)

If anyone knows of anything posted in so cal let me know.. thanks

emtstudent04

Forum Lieutenant
If your worried about forgetting what you have learned do some volunteer work. Such as ride alongs with some ambulance companies or even at hospitals. Put in applications in everywhere and keep calling companies every week just to check up on your application status and if there hiring.

atropine

Forum Captain
What about Downey hosp[tal, they still have an er.

emtstudent04

Forum Lieutenant
What about Downey hosp[tal, they still have an er.

I don't know really anything about the Downey area to be honest with you only drivin through it. Find the nearest trauma center to you or any hospital for that matter call them up and see if you can do some volunteer work. Call some fire departments and see about doing a ride along with there Medic units. Make sure you document all the volunteer work you do so when you get an interview you can show them that you have been going the extra mile to get some experiance.

Last edited by a moderator:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Just to let you know, OP, the reason your card says EMT-I is that they mean EMT-1. Same thing as EMT-B, not the same at EMT-Intermediate (EMT-II for you weird CA people)

onefreeman

Forum Ride Along
Well i don't know what it's like over there, but over here a lot of places won't hire unless your a certain age and have a high level of training.

In seguin Ems is now a part of the fire department
They only hire medics

Akin transfer only hires if you 23 or older

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
I am trying to find a job as an ER tech and it is really hard, so i guess i will apply to some 911 ambulance companies, and get my experience..... Im afraid i will lose my knowledge if it takes too long to find a job lol.. anywho thats what my book is for right... ;)

If anyone knows of anything posted in so cal let me know.. thanks

alot of ER's in Southern California wont hire anyone with out at least 6 months to 1 year experience for ER Tech Positions

911 companies are very hard to get into as well, since everyone and their mom wants to work in 911

your best bet would be to work for a IFT company such as Pacific/Bowers Or volunteer at an ER or go on ride alongs with the local Fire Department

Last edited by a moderator:

MusicMedic

Forum Captain

emtstudent04

Forum Lieutenant
I put in an application at Care back in the middle of Feb. and the hiring guy told me if you havent recieved a phone call by now it was probably was re-jected.

emtstudent04

Forum Lieutenant
Oh man that sucks. I don't understand why its hard, and its very frustrating.

Its very frustrating. Especially when this is something you know you want to do for the rest of your life. Not being a EMT_B For life but moving up to being a medic. Its hard, but you just gotta be patient and keep trying.

OP
OP
G

girlyEMT26

Forum Probie
I'm not, I just want to get my experience to transfer into the er at work the department manager says I need 6 months experience

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Oh man that sucks. I don't understand why its hard, and its very frustrating.

If this forum is any indication, it's hard cause EMTs and medics are a dime a dozen out in CA

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
I put in an application at Care back in the middle of Feb. and the hiring guy told me if you havent recieved a phone call by now it was probably was re-jected.

Did u apply at Care Medical Transportation

Or Care Ambulance?

Care Ambulance dosnt work in SD County

Care Medical Transportation does

MusicMedic

Forum Captain
Are they based in OC area? Does that also mean i would have to get another EMT-B Card from there EMS office?

they do both OC and LA County

and yes i believe so, u might wanna called the OC EMS Agency and ask them if its possible to work in Orange County With a SD County Card