EMTB Trama bag need

james

Forum Crew Member
EMTB Trama bag needed

I am Deploying to Iraq soon and I need a good Trama bag for me and my fellow EMTB Soldiers. Any one know were I can get one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I moved the thread to our Military section as we have quite a few military personnel here who would give you not only suggestions on a good bag but also one that you are allowed to deploy with.

OP
OP
J

james

Forum Crew Member
thank you for the help

OP
OP
J

james

Forum Crew Member
Does any one have an (NSN- National stock number) for a medic bag in the us army supply system

firecoins

IFT Puppet

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
Does any one have an (NSN- National stock number) for a medic bag in the us army supply system

Find/call/seek out someone in your logistics chain and ask them; they are the ones you will be going through to get it anyway and you might as well get them involved early. If all else fails (or if your loggies are lame), contact someone at the sourcing vendor and ask them if they are in the GSA catalog. If they aren't, they won't have an NSN anyway, and if they are you should be able to get it with no problem. In the meantime, try https://www.gsaadvantage.gov/advgsa/advantage/main/start_page.do

Last edited by a moderator:

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
I am Deploying to Iraq soon and I need a good Trama bag for me and my fellow EMTB Soldiers. Any one know were I can get one.

Would it not stand to reason that if you needed a trauma bag, you would be issued one? Are you being assigned as a medic? If not, why do you need one?

certguy

Forum Captain
Trauma bag

Hi James ,
Colordao cases.com has some good bags but I don't know if they have any in colors you can use in a combat situation . Never hurts to check though . I've got thier Long's Peak bag and it's pretty good but that one wouldn't be so good for combat . Keep your head down , stay strong and safe , and I'll be praying for ya.

God Bless ,

Craig
Former USN ( Iranian Hostage Crisis )

rollingbones

Forum Probie
Don't they issue you what you need? I was about to suggest you get something that is "drab" and not blue, yellow, orange or red. If it has an EMS Star on it, cover it or remove it. Try to not look too much like a medic...they make desirable targets. During Nam they were a primary target and we ALL want you and all your bud's to come home safe and alive. One other thing...travel lite when you need to, but I'm sure the Military will help guide you on that one...:ph34r:

OP
OP
J

james

Forum Crew Member
No the Army does not always give you all the equepment that you need to deploy with. And no I am not going to be a Medic, But there will not be a medic assigned to us so me and my Soliers will do the job because my unit will be in a bad area so we need more than a fisrt aid kit that the army gave us.

cfrench

Forum Crew Member
Google Tactical Tailor, Chinook medical, North American rescue products, blackhawk, Eagle. There are some very durable products out there that are getting some serious workouts and passing or failing.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Almost EVERYONE in the Army is trained as CLS (combat life saver). They are trying to negate the need for a medic on every mission as most people can be trained very quick and for minimal dollar on how to perform basic first aid. This class also teaches them IV's, basically large bore in large vein.

They practice a few times on each other and then they are CLS certified.

There are CLS bags in every vehicle and at certain areas within the camp, usually at the CCP (casualty collection point).

A LOT of the guys also make up their own kits, it is very common practice here. Several times a week, I have guys asking me what they should carry and hitting me up for supplies.

There are many guys who are medics or EMTs back home as well, however their MOS is an entirely different field over here. They too feel better about carrying extra equipment to treat the guys in their unit.

They will not get in trouble for doing so either.

OP
OP
J

james

Forum Crew Member
Well I am back from Iraq, I had to come home early because I was wounded. Not exactly what I was hoping for when I went there. I am glad My soldiers went to EMT school before we deployed. If it wasnt for the school I might not have made it home. I was bleeding out from a lac to the neck and one of my EMT Soldiers can and helped me out. I will make a full recovery thanks to him.

P.S. I hate IED's

Tincanfireman

Airfield Operations
James,
A wonderful testament to your troops! While you returned home wounded, you returned home alive. Here's hoping you have a swift recovery from your injuries. Best wishes!! TF

firecoins

IFT Puppet
Well I am back from Iraq, I had to come home early because I was wounded. Not exactly what I was hoping for when I went there. I am glad My soldiers went to EMT school before we deployed. If it wasnt for the school I might not have made it home. I was bleeding out from a lac to the neck and one of my EMT Soldiers can and helped me out. I will make a full recovery thanks to him.

P.S. I hate IED's

Thank God you made it home okay. Thank you for your service.

OP
OP
J

james

Forum Crew Member
Thanks for all your support. I really appreciate it, I am glad I signed up for the site. Oh yeah if you are ever in Iraq DO NOT LET A NEW SOLDIER DRIVE!!!!